BJSS Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Technical Architect

BJSS Technical Architect Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BJSS (London, England).

Interview

Phone interview with technical questions followed by a technical presentation requiring solutions to three problems shown on a whiteboard. The problems were given organically with changes introduced during the process - similar to what you might expect with a real customer. The final interview involved discussing strategic thinking and management and was designed to determine company fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you change a customers architecture for the better?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BJSS

Technical Architect Interview

Interview

The interview process of BJSS is perhaps an accurate representation of their agile approach to projects. I wouldn't say their was a strict process they intended to follow and I think it changed depending on the results of a given interview.

It started with a phone interview which explored my personality. They were looking for someone with personal skills and I believe that's what they tried to assess.

I then had an in person interview with one of the Technical Architects in their Nottingham office. This primarily consisted of scenario questions. Think along the lines of "This customer wants this, can you propose a solution?" or "The customer did this, had an issue, we're supposed to fix it, how would you do it?". I believe they were exploring my process more than my specific skill set.

I had a third interview with the head of department in their London office. Had similar scenario based questions, but more related to the kinds of methods and tools I might use in my work.

I was given the impression a decision would normally be made at this point, but instead I had a final 4th interview with the head of a separate department who said he sometimes also acted as an Architect within the business, although it wasn't his primary role.

The interview was mostly technical. Questions consisted of "Can you discuss 'x'" and "What do you know about 'y'". Of the 20-25 questions I was asked, only 2 or 3 related to topics I was use in my daily role as an Architect. In the purely technical questions I felt he was expecting answers that demonstrated an ability to act as a developer more than an Architect.

It felt a little abnormal to be assessed by the head of another department. Perhaps this means members of the Architect team (who were self confessed 'hands on') were themselves not able to fully assess my suitability for a role in their department.

Ultimately I think the role is a little more hands on than was initially presented. If the questions I was asked represent what is expected of an Architect, then I would expect a strong ability to code to be an integral part of the job.

Overall it was a positive experience. If there was any constructive criticism I could offer, it would be to move the 4th stage to the 1st or 2nd. That way, if you have a concern with technical ability you can rule out the candidate early on. As, by the 4th stage, the candidate will themselves believe they are technically suitable.

Good luck BJSS in finding your candidate!

Interview Questions

• Given this requirement, what would you solution be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BJSS (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview which was quiet easy. After a month got an invitation for a second interview in which I got a scenario to design a system for. After almost a month got No as an answer, despite the fact I did well in the interview but they were not sure about something related of me based at the client... Weird as I was client based many years and did it successfully. I learned how messy they are and unorganized, prepare yourself to a very long process

Interview Questions

• Design a system to replace a legacy traveling system which currently consist of 3 different systems   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.