BMJ Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BMJ Interview Questions

Interviews at BMJ

3.2

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMJ.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview with Hiring Manager and Publishing Manager. Very friendly and the questions weren't too hard. They didn't have an office in the city I interviewed in, so it would be a work from home position. Interview process then got held up by some budget problems regarding my position.

Interview Questions

• No one question. It was just about relating previous experience to position.   Answer Question

L&D Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMJ (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and straightforward. Everyone was very friendly and treated me with respect. I had an initial phone screening and then I was invited to meet the manager and the team. Finally, the next day I met with the HR Director and had an informal chat. The same day I received an offer and accepted it. Overall, it was a fast and efficient process..

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMJ (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a 2 stage interview. First round with the current staff in the role and the manager. i was asked both competency and scenario based questions. I would suggest reading up on BMJ and the values.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about BMJ?   1 Answer
    • Q: what are the values of BMJ?   1 Answer
    • Q: strengths and areas of improvement?   1 Answer

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMJ (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a first selection of candidates based on CV and cover letter. Then a test was sent by email to all shortlisted candidates to assess organisational and editorial skills/experience. After the test I was invited to a panel interview with the Editor in Chief and Publisher of the journal.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a stressful situation you experienced at work and explain how you dealt with it, what you learnt from it and what you would do differently if that would happen today.   Answer Question

Editorial Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMJ (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard interview with 2 editorial staff and HR. Interviewers stuck to the script which was a bit frustrating because I wanted to get a better sense of the people interviewing me and the job. Interview questions were fairly easy, it was more geared around my ideas and vision for the role rather than my skills.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do in this role?   Answer Question

Publishing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMJ (London, England).

Interview

Highly probing, almost CIA like

Interview Questions

• Interviewers put a great effort in knowing the candidate's personal life, links to possible competitors' associations, scrutinizing every single word is said.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation offered

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.