BNY Mellon Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BNY Mellon Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.0

Accountant Interview

Interview

It was a Short phone call with screening questions. They asked about past job experiences and duties. They asked what job function are you looking for in a new position.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

applied for the position in wilmington and got email few weeks later. they gave me schedule. so I went to Pa from Delaware. it was not long process. the interviewers told me they will decide to hire me or not within 2 weeks however they didn't give me the result for months...

Interview Questions

• asked me about my work history   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They found me on LinkedIn. I talked to someone about the role at first. They put me in touch with a recruiter. They do not let you negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked why I fit and my experience. Cannot negotiate salary.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was an open house interview, where a whole bunch of applicants showed up all dressed up nicely and many appeared to be recent college graduates. They were looking to hire a lot of people to three different dept, namely Mutual funds, unit investment trust and fund accountant. This did not feel like an interview. It was mainly a one sided conversation stating three different areas needed people and will start right away once you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go for college and why accounting?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2015.

Interview

questions are easy, hiring managers are nice. I met with the Hr first, then met with two managers. they asked pretty simple interview question, just prepare before the interview.
    and got offer in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself. why do you want to join us. and the manager was pretty much talking most of the time, talking about the job , the company.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Lake Mary, FL (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

One over the phone interview with HR. One face to face interview with hiring manager. This was for an entry level position so it was a simple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain your understanding of the product for which your interviewing.research for a basic understanding of the product. You don t have to be an expert, but show you actually prepared for the interview   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Was initially contact by HR and an interview was scheduled. I believe they had not looked at my resume thoroughly. The interview seemed disintered in me. Did not have a copy of my resume on her desk. Did not ask any questions of me and terminated interview very early. May have been that the interviewer was expected some younger.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask my any questions but continued to ask if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2009.

Interview

About a week after I applied for the position I received a phone call from the Accounting department wanting to schedule an interview; this was despite the fact that I had received an email from the HR department notifying me that I had not been selected for the position.

An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview consisted of two panel interviews with other members of the department. Questions ranged from background information to success stories.

Interview Questions

• Don't you think by taking this job you've wasted your experience in public accounting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England).

Interview

Very basic, with questions not well thought out. Given this was an experienced hire position, I expected more probing questions. One of the interviewers resorted to asking about strengths and weaknesses - which I haven’t heard since my graduate recruitment days.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. This was not a HR interview.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Structured. Interviewers gave more insight into the role. However stalled on giving feedback which was disappointing . It was a learning experience and would prefer to take the positives and learn from the experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.