BNY Mellon Accounting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BNY Mellon Accounting Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.3

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied through staffing firm. I have an interview with two hiring managers. The first one is very engaging. He's very positive and friendly. He told me details about the job description and how the training system works. The second hiring manager was chill. He asked me questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

There was one over the phone prescreen, and one in-person interview. Every standard behavior question was asked, up to you to bring up specifically technical qualifications. Waited about a month and a half to hear back before being offered the position.

Account Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The building itself was very forboding. When you walk in every seems like mindless zombies. The interviewers were completely full of themselves as tho even interviewing me was beneath them and I should consider myself lucky to be in their presence.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

talked about 1 hour and manager is very nice, we went though my resume and talk a little bit more about my previous work experience.after one day, I received the offer and go to work after half month

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

First was a quick phone screen, just to ensure basic qualifications were met. The interview was in person at the office I would eventually work in. There was a quick check in with HR for some paperwork, then I was taken to the Hiring manager and supervisor. The interview was very easy and informal.

Account Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I was asked to walk through my resume, describe relevant job and internship experience. HR gives the interviewers a list of questions, like "What is your greatest weakness" and "Describe an instance in which you overcame a problem" but a lot of the managers won't ask them because they think it's a waste of their time. There were no technical or industry specific questions, which surprised me.

Negotiation

Always negotiate and you can get at least $1000 more. I definitely dropped the ball on that one because I figured since they knew my last salary, I couldn't get more than what they offered. From asking around, I was wrong.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, no preliminary phone interview. Just one in person interview with hiring managers.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was painless especially right out of college. Asked basic questions, strengths, weakness. where do you see yourself in 5 years? would you rather work on a team or an individual. Pretty basic questions for someone coming right out of college.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Applied and didn't get a response for nearly 6 months. After getting a phone call back they asked for me to reapply. See, often the Account Managers sit on a pile of resumes and sift through them when their workload is lighter in the middle of the month. Remember, if they bring you in they have to like you, because the majority of new hires are often brought in as temps and make their way into the company that way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your old job? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isnt!

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview from three employees. Manager seemed most prepared to conduct the interview, additional colleagues seemed inexperienced to interview process. Standard behavioral questions. Review of past work experience. Review of education background. Review of resume items. Some personality and interests questions to gain an understanding of you as a person. Interview was mostly predictable, a simple search of common behavioral interview questions will prepare you well for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Important to know what is on your resume and describe past experiences, specifically handling conflicts in workplace.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.