BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Two interviews. First interview included "riddles". More of an annoying game rather than a legit interview. Mangers were late and unprepared. Second interview went well. Professional interview with personable managers that really looked to understand your personality and goals.

Interview Questions

• For the long-term, do you see yourself as a subject matter expert or in a managerial role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Analyst Interview

Interview

Tedious, not well restructured. Overall, it's the same corporate stuff that is holding up efficiency within companies.

You go through several phone calls. The process to hear back takes months. Went to their Pittsburgh office, and dealt with a long, drawn out interview that entailed the same things that I had already gone through on four different phone calls.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that makes you qualified for this position:   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The interview started with a call with a recruiter from linkedin who reached out to me. After that, I had a call with the hiring manager a few days later. Final round was with 3 staff (over zoom).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied online mid-October and received email from recruiter end of October asking to setup 2 phone interviews. Didn't actually speak to recruiter so had very little information other than job description posted. Had two 30-min phone interviews with senior managers 2.5 weeks later. Both were in different locations and gave me a high level overview of the departments they were in. Apparently, I found out that there wasn't a specific role they were trying to fill as they had immediate needs across many different departments and were trying to find the appropriate fit for each. Calls went well. Both individuals were easy to talk to. Two weeks later they requested to setup 3 video interviews. Again, folks in different offices and different departments. Very conversational based but personable. A few days later I get a call from the recruiter telling me that they will be making an offer and to expect it by the following day. Don't receive anything but get another phone call telling me that they now want to do another round of video interviews to make sure both parties are comfortable. I was told to expect to hear back on scheduling. Two weeks pass and I don't hear anything so sent a follow up email but receive no response at all.
    To have 2 phone interviews, 5 video interviews, be informed to expect and offer only to have that statement then retracted is odd. They seem very disconnected internally.
    As a potential candidate for employment, this process was long and tedious and required significant time to conduct the interviews on both sides. While that is completely understandable, there should at least be proper follow-up by the internal recruitment team as to the delay or change in direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your biggest strength? Weakness?
      Can you tell me a little bit about a project or deliverable that had less than favorable results and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very quick. Applied online and from call with recruiter to final interview to hearing back on an offer was a total of 2 weeks. Especially during the holiday season, they were very fast and was quick getting back to me about accomodations and questions

Interview Questions

• Walked through resume, typical questions asking to recall an experience where ...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and got email after a month. Call with hiring team for 15 minutes. Then another interview with technical team. Finally got a callback months later. Thank you for reading.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

One phone interview, one on site interview with a few members of the team. Not too difficult. Mostly behavioral stuff and questions about resume and your experiences.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First was a phone interview, then an in person interview with a (or multiple) hiring manager(s). There was about a month in between interviews. This was for the Campus Initiative program

Interview Questions

• What is a team project that you've worked on in school.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with one person and then moved on to the second round at the BNY Mellon office downtown Pittsburgh. Simple, relatively easy questions and very laid back interviews.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by day of on-site meetings. Team members asked pointed questions regarding the industry of focus. Emphasis on fit and team construct. Met with nearly every team member.

Interview Questions

• Please send over a cover letter detailing your interest in the position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.