BNY Mellon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BNY Mellon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First round of telephone interview with recruiter. Casual, two way conversation where recruiter talked about the program and asked two simple behavioral questions. Primary objective was to gauge interviewee's interest

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview- Half an hour
    More questions on Excel, Microsoft access, Be prepare with job description, How did you deal with difficult stakeholders, How did you use Jira tool, walk me through a resume

Interview Questions

• Before doing any data analysis, what aspects of data you would look to?   2 Answers
    • How to improve data quality?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

You will interview with a new Transformation team that's 6 months old although the with people who seem very nice, they have who have no idea of the kind of work that you will be doing. A week later you will interview in person with 3 different people who have all been in the roles no more than 3 months and will be very nervous when they're interviewing you. No structure and completely unprepared interview. I was asked about my age. Hiring manager then said they had returned from a trip to India and inquired if that was where I was from( illegal question and nothing to indicate that I'm from there.)The manager will talk about cutting roles and outsourcing them to your face and then tell you they have to go.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2019.

Interview

First round interview with the Director of the Department, followed by a 2nd round interview with a Director of the Program. Very straight forward process, mainly questions on background, and the skillset relevant to the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

BNY Mellon DOES NOT reimburse for interview expenses. It invited me to come from Chicago to interview in New York with a few days notice and didn't let me know that it would not reimburse my expenses. This was very different than my experience interviewing at other major banks and felt unprofessional, overall. The interview itself was standard, including a case and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for BNY Mellon?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Asked to explain the concepts learnt during college. Okay we spoke about the colleges and work I have done earlier and about technology I know and the balance between work and personal life and spoke about how soon I can join and how I am excited to be on the team

Interview Questions

• Concepts from college and work previously done   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Two interviews within two weeks. I never heard back though which is strange and very rude. Would not recommended this company at all as they cannot even let the applicant know after two interviews what happened.

Interview Questions

• Just your average interview questions. Lots of resume questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring can take several months, and you usually have 2 interviews, but hear back quickly after the second one. It includes a phone screen and in person or video interview. There is usually a group interview or an interview with at least 3 people for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company? What do you know about this department? Describe your successes and failures.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online to a Business Analyst position at BNY Mellon in New York City. About a month after applying I received an email to setup an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people - a manager along with senior Business Analyst.

The interview itself was fine - typical questions were asked regarding my experience as well as expected situational type questions. I thought that the interview went pretty well. I sent thank you note emails to my two interviewers the day after my interview. After the interview I also had to fill out and email back a consent form to the BNY Mellon's recruiter, which I did. The email response I got back from that listed a woman's name and contact telephone number saying, "please feel free to contact her at anytime for a status update on this position."

A couple weeks went by since my interview with no updates so I called the woman as instructed; no one answered so I left a voicemail requesting a status update. I heard nothing back still after another two weeks so I again called, got no answer, and left a voicemail requesting a status update. Then, as a last attempt, six weeks after my interview I still heard nothing back so I called the employee, got no answer, and left a voicemail requesting a status update. I never heard anything back so I concluded that I was no longer in the running for the job.

I find it extremely unprofessional and downright rude to not hear anything back at all - especially after inquiring - from an in-person interview. I live 3 hours away from New York City and I had to use a vacation day to come down for the interview and also had to pay for a train ticket to and from NYC - which is not exactly cheap. The least that BNY Mellon could and should have done was send me an email letting me know that I did not get the job - or respond to one of my multiple voicemails asking for a status update.

This is why I found my interview process at BNY Mellon to be a very negative experience; because of the lack of response in general and for the lack of response to my inquiries after an in-person interview. In the end I am glad I heard nothing back and did not get this job. If a company cares this little about the job candidates they interview I can only imagine the same little amount of care would be shown to their employees.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Horrible the manager was very smug and would ask a question to only cut me off in mid answer. Not that i had ling winded answers but as infound out after getting the job, that was how this particular manager was. He woukd ask questions and before learning the answer he would talk over you.

Interview Questions

• What does grandfathered in mean?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.