BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.9

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in August 2020.

Interview

The actual interview was organised well and I was asked fairly run of the mill questions. First interview went well and I was lucky to go forward to a second with two managers by Webex in the States. It has been almost 5 weeks since I had the second and I have not received any feedback. I am assuming that I have been unsuccessful due to passage of time. I messaged the lady who arranged the interview and recruiter and both messages were ignored (not sure why because I was polite) all I wanted was some feedback. Very rude, unprofessional And just plain ignorant. Very disappointed with the way I have been treated.

Interview Questions

• What legacy do you think you would leave your employer with?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England).

Interview

I had a phone interview after a campus event at my college. The phone interview was very short and lasted around 20 minutes. They entered a lot of admin data and held an interview. The questions were typical interview questions.

CLient Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in December 2019.

Interview

It consisted of two steps, first interview by phone around 40 min and then F2F interview of 50min with 3 persons. Everyone very nicely. I had to make a presentation explaining a self-selected topic.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to relate your work experience with the task needs it to this position.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR, ie. phone screening and then a 45 minute face to face interview in their Manchester office. Screening was simple as the asked why firm and why role. F2F consisted of talking about my CV and past experiences.

Graduate Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later and had a phone interview. Then was booked in for an in person interview 2 weeks later at BNY Mellon in Manchester. Then asked general questions interview questions. Nothing too technical.

Was given an image of an old Google Search homepage and asked to find visual defects/mistakes in the image as part of a test.

Interview Questions

• Went through CV asking question about certain past jobs/education/hobbies. General stuff.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invitation for an interview, and arranged a time and date.
    Interviewed by 2 of the team members. Thought they were very condescending and talked down to me like I was very under-qualified for the role when in fact I had more than the asked qualifications needed for the role. They were very standoff-ish and were not interested in what I had to say when answering the questions. They dismissed my answers and the interview was over quite quick as if to say I had no chance when I was told it would be a 1 hour interview. They were also very arrogant and egotistical.
    I was told at the end that I would be informed of the outcome within a few days. However, 2 weeks had gone by and I had heard absolutely nothing. I then emailed asking for my interview feedback and was told I would be contacted ASAP, to which another week went by hearing nothing.
    Eventually about 3 and a half weeks later I received a dismissive email saying I had been rejected.
    Very unprofessional company and condescending people to work for/with.

Corporate Actions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview went well I was asked to do a little test before then some competency based questions which I answered confidently. One interviewer seemed uninterested asked me unrelated questions and kept sighing all the time. He was looking down at his papers flicking through.. he’d ask me a question then look down again.

I haven’t heard any feedback it’s been a month now and no word from them. This is the second time BNY has interviewed me and not given any feedback which I think is very unfair considering how much I prepared for them.

Give people feedback they deserve so it helps them with their next interview.

H R Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a couple of weeks. They were flexible with scheduling my interview as I was travelling for a month. I was interviewed at BNY Mellon in Manchester Piccadilly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly targeted on my CV and past experience.   1 Answer

Graduate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a very casual and relaxing Interview with some friendly recruiters, It was more of a discussion rather than strictly interview. No technical questions simply questions on scenarios like 'tell me a time where....'

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you show integrity.   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Questions relevant to past experiences with clients, problem solving, escalation process. How I would achieve a target, talking about managing problems, how I would manage time and deal with customer queries effectively and so on..

Interview Questions

• To talk about the relevant work in depth. I.e whether I did research on the products they work with.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.