BNY Mellon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BNY Mellon Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

-Start with a HackerRank
-Then you are scheduled a phone interview to review your code, as well as a few coding questions.
- All of it was relatively easy, there were no high-level topics

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Online Hackerrank (3 leetcode easy - medium, few multiple choice questions about APIs). I then got ghosted by my recruiter for 3 weeks, following which they asked to schedule a phone screen where I discussed my approaches to the OA with a senior engineer and made any optimizations I could. This round went phenomenally, with the interviewer assuring me that he was submitting very positive feedback. The next step would have been a virtual onsite, had the recruiter not ghosted me again.

Overall, the entire experience was quite unprofessional, and if that is the way they treat candidates, I would definitely not recommend BNY Mellon as an employer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I was reached out to by an in-house recruiter on LinkedIn after applying for the position. I had a 1-on-1 tech screen with the director of the department; it was a pleasant conversation and I ended up receiving positive feedback. The recruiter then reached out to me to set up the next interview. I gave them my availability and never heard back from them again. I sent follow up messages over the course of the next three weeks and got no response. Not exactly professional but unfortunately not far from the status quo.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my resume with some domain knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2018.

Interview

First got online coding test, then was the HR screening. Was then called for Coderpad technical round. After this step , got a mail by HR mentioning BNY is really interested for the next rounds of interview. After following up for weeks, not got any reply. Suddenly after 3 weeks got a mail saying that they don't sponser for the position ( which btw I already mentioned in HR round that being a international student i'll need sponsership). Worst experience ever. Such unprofessional behavior, wasting everybody's time. Think twice before you apply for the company.

Interview Questions

• Valid parenthesis, in- memory node deletion from linkedlist   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview for BNY Mellon company , behavioral questions were asked . It was a brief interview for about 15 min . They spoke about the work they do in the beginning, then went ahead with the interview and in the end I got to ask questions about the kind of work I get to do If I got selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about the time when you encouraged your teammate to come up with ideas
      2. Tell me about the time when you working on a project / or a situation where you had to explain someone who has least idea about computer software   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2018.

Interview

There were two parts. One technical code review and standard interview. They ask you basic OOP questions and try to see how you think more than getting it correct. Overall, not too bad

Interview Questions

• They asked me how much SQL i knew and then asked basic things like selecting tables, joining tables, normalization, etc.   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

It was technical mainly asking few coding questions,
    few questions about the language
    It was a one on one interview on site , lasted for about 3 hours or so.
    white board interview asking to code in java

Interview Questions

• fibonacci series and reverse a number
      about latest technologies
      few conceptual questions as well   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Remote, OR (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The company came for recruitment at our campus. I appeared for an online coding round and solved 3 out of 5 questions and was shortlisted for the interview. There was only one interview which was primarily based on the resume and other basic CS concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

First, I just hand in the resume in person on my school career fair. And the other day, I received the email with a link of a hack rank programming online assignment. Then we schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in JAVA? What's you project about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Get the online test of hacker rank website and then go through a process of phone interview about questions of the test and every detail on your resume as well as a lot of frameworks and tools you used in your project.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.