BP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,255 of over 1,255.0 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BP

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

Didn't get back to more after first interview. Didn't even offer an email to explain. I was just ghosted which wasn't nice. The status of my application on their website still says ongoing weeks after.

Interview Questions
  • Q: what do you see the vision of our department to be in 5 years?
    Answer Question

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

The interview took a while to do. The question that was offered was tedious and difficult to answer. At first, I was nervous but through the process, I began to ease into the questions.

Interview Questions
  • How have you managed a certain situation?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about BP

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Accenture

Flyday oddities, just had a guy booted off, he boarded under the wrong name, flight crew started to verify everyone's ID, when he noticed his BP had the wrong name. WTF? What is your flyday oddity?

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

BP wouldn't disclose salary range on offer, I asked twice. I was contacted by a contractor regarding my job application, not by permanent HR staff. There was no call, he asked me through email for my current salary and my future expectations. I said I needed to know what the salary range on offer was to be able to give my expectations, and that I wasn't comfortable disclosing current pay. He asked me again for my expectations with a "you first" comment, I declined again and asked for a salary range on offer. I said I needed more information to be able to position myself in terms of expectations. I never received this information and the contractor went quiet. I was also asked to complete a timed skills test parallel with the pay conversation. It was a mixture of Azure, SQL hard skills questions and arbitrary rather than factual ones about concepts such as big data and ethics. Not giving the EXACT expected answer through multiple choice was penalised. I don't think I did well in the test, but some of the questions were so vague and based on opinions rather than facts, that I don't think anyone else did either. Which is why I was contacted a couple of weeks later for a "screening" call with an Architect. Not an interview apparently, they didn't even pretend that they believed interviews worked both ways. Just how bad is the culture that making transactional recruitment this obvious is acceptable. Anyway, I declined because a) I have a job now with a company that is capable of treating employees as adults, and b) I would have walked away anyway as I think BP's behaviour is completely unacceptable. If you think BP gave me feedback on my test performance before calling me to arrange a screening call, you haven't been paying attention. I'd guess that's on a need to know basis, just like the salary range is. Sadly, I'm not on that list. Comical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BP (Budapest) in Oct 2021

Interview

Interview was easy. only 2 questions for the duration of 20 minutes. basic introduction, motivation, and skills. why choosing BP? what is your motivation for the role? what skills/experiences you have.

Interview Questions
  • why choosing BP? what is your motivation for the role? what skills/experiences you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Austin, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

There are multiple interviews and the first was an online recorded interview to see if you match the core values of BP. In that interview, there is a coding question, but don't worry too much about it. Do your best. The Next step is to see if you would fit in their team. It is a virtual interview with an actual BP employee. Interviews can become a bit more technical depending on what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

Very quick and convenient, consisted of one virtual interview with the team where they take turns asking coding and math questions. Interview was virtual. Fast response time, and very professional overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

There has been an online aptitude test before receiving the interview invitation link Taken remotely Been assigned with 6 questions Been asked to record my answer for each Each for about 2-3 minutes No human interaction throughout Taken anytime within a period (about one week)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an experience when you negotiate with team mates.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX)

Interview

The whole process started with sending a video via HireVue. And then interviewed with Manager and VP for an hour and a half for behavior and technical questions. Contacted by HR again for an IQ type of test. Job offered via phone. Overall a smooth process. Enjoyed the conversation with people the leaders.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

Know bp's core values and their business outlook. The "behavioral" side is highly centered around your knowledge of their culture. The technical side is based entirely on supply and demand and your ability to solve problems.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BP

Application

I interviewed at BP

Interview

The team were really welcoming and made all interviewees feel comfortable and engaged. The day was split into different sections between interviews and group interviews. Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,255 Interviews