BT Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BT Customer Service Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at BT

2.9

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Time consuming yet rewarding, they take some time to get back to you but they are very understanding in person and make you feel at ease which I found to be great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BT

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BT (Cardiff, Wales) in July 2020.

Interview

Terrible, long-winded experience for an entry-level Customer Service advisor role in Cardiff. I have worked in call centres before, I have worked in customer service for over 10 years and, like many people, have been out of work due to Covid-19. I applied to BT and did their online assessment. So far, fairly straight-forward. I then had a phone interview which was cancelled by the interviewer minutes before it was due to take place. I was patient and re-scheduled (these things happen). I had a phone interview that lasted one hour and was standard-'Why BT? Why should we pick you? Tell us a time you received good customer service?'Etc.
    I was told I had passed and would get a second phone interview. I waited weeks before finally getting a call to schedule this. Second interview was ANOTHER one hour phone interview of similar questions. I was told I would hear back within 3 working days....several WEEKS later, got an email saying I was unsuccessful. For a company that prides itself on communication, they were utterly appalling. I asked for feedback, interested to know where I'd failed and never heard back.
    Due to Covid-19, jobs such as this have been elevated to astronaut-like selection process and what frustrates me is the time taken overall. It was a few MONTHS from initial application, online assessment, two phone interviews at an hour each and finally getting notified that I hadn't made it (for reasons unknown). Am I bitter about it? Just a bit! My advice if anyone is thinking of applying; make sure you answer every question using their STAR method (google it) because they grade you entirely on this.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to apply to BT?   1 Answer
    • Why should we pick you?   1 Answer
    • Have you dealt with angry or upset customers before?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Interview

The whole process involves applying online and completing the online tests, then the telephone interview and then the face to face interview/ two customer scenarios at one of their call centres where they also show you around and let you listen to calls.

I feel the face to face interview questions were tailored towards what I had said in the phone interview. If you don't have prior call centre experience you will most likely be asked about your ability to adapt

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT in November 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview with Manpower - They do not let you know when they will call so be prepared. Interviewer was very robotic and seemed fed up. Asked a lot of competency based questions and asked what I knew about broadband which was very little. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes and told me I had passed.
    Next was the 3 hour assessment centre which took place 2 days after the telephone interview.
    There was a group of 11 of us, 1 rep from Manpower and 3 managers from BT. Before we even introduced ourselves we were took out onto the floor to listen to calls because Manpower rep was late and unprepared.
    Icebreaker-Introduce yourself
    Group exercise - To assess how well you work with others
    Slideshow about BT - Manpower rep said hours of work will be Monday - Sunday. The job advert I applied for said Monday -Saturday and an adviser on the floor told me they're only open Monday-Friday. VERY UNORGANISED. This is when I realised it was a waste of time. The manpower rep then proceeded to say we have 22 days holiday which we don't actually get paid for?! We then had to each talk about our job history/why we want this role. It was very clear from the start that 1 person in the group was favoured by Manpower because his mum already worked for BT. She then told us that we would be contacted if we were successful or unsuccessful. days have passed now and I have received no communication so I am assuming I'm unsuccessful which is very rude. I think they know right there an then if your successful or not so they should inform you the same day. Over all very long and disappointing process.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BT (Liverpool, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Online assessment -> telephone interview -> group interview.

It was a month after the telephone interview that I heard anything, and then was offered an in-person interview for the following week. Then offered the job later that week.

I was quite nervous leading up to the group interview but it was really not bad at all, the assessors were all really nice and it was a relaxed atmosphere. The interview involved watching a couple videos about BT, introducing yourself, a 1-1 interview, two 1-1 role play calls, listening in to real calls, and a short group exercise. In total it was a little over 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BT (Glasgow, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

Was a telephone interview, invited to a group assessment which included a group task, was pretty fun. Then finished with a 1-to-1 interview. Only downside was it took longer than most selection process, nearly 2 hours long.

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BT (Accrington, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Online, Group, Got an offer shortly after, very easy process and enjoyed the open-ness of feeling comfortable around everyone, what I would say is that when you go into this interview, there is literally no reason to stress, very lovely people.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT (Aberdeen, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

First i filled out online questionnaire, then got asked to telephone interview after this got called for group interview at assessment center. The interviewer was very nice and it was star based.

Anonymous Employee in Billericay, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BT (Billericay, England).

Interview

Applied via job site, then within a couple of days was offered a face to face interview. The interview lasted around 40 minutes and was a series of general interview questions. Then I found out the following week that I was offered the job via email.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Saw job online
    Applied online
    Registered details
    Asked to complete online questionnaire (set of 30 questions to find out if your suited to the role)
    Telephone Interview (45 minutes)
    Invited to Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have received good customer service and why you felt that it was good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about BT? Who are our main competitors?   Answer Question
    • Why should BT hire you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.