Babcock International Group Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Babcock International Group Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Babcock International Group

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Bristol, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Online assessment and then got invited to an assessment day. Had to do a 10 min presentation which we had been given the subject of the week before to prepare. Also had a group excercise and "speed dating" style individual interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Babcock International Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Plymouth, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of two days, one day was visiting the site and getting to know the presentation. The second consisted of an interview, presentation and group game. Was enjoyable and open, the days were properly structured and learnt a lot from the experience. Would recommend it to other people.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Plymouth, England) in May 2019.

Interview

The assessment consisted of 3 tasks.
    1 Competency based interview followed by a few technical questions.
    2 10 minute presentation - had to present an engineering solution on flip chart paper from a brief that was given out a week before
    3 Group business game - in groups of three we had to get from one side of the board to the other whilst completing a series of tasks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been provided with constructive feedback.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Plymouth, England) in March 2019.

Interview

First day of assessment centre was a site tour and a written assessment at the end of the day. The second day consisted of a 1 hour interview with two interviewers, a 5 minute presentation from a brief given 2 days prior, and finally a 45 minute group strategy game.

Interview Questions

Babcock International Group Response

20 Mar 2019 – Social Media Exec

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you've had a positive interview experience at Babcock International Group. We're sorry to hear you declined the role, but you can set up a 'Job Alert' to be notified when new positions become available if you'd like to join us in the future. To subscribe, visit: https://jobs.babcockinternational.com/talentcommunity/subscribe/

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

First stage was a day-long assessment centre run by Babcock Employees from graduate level to senior management, technical and non-technical. You went through a variety of stages including:

- A presentation was given to us telling us more about the graduate scheme
    - Real time scenario based group task
    - Technical interview (multiple questions to demonstrate knowledge of engineering principles and industry norms)
    - Presentation to two employees/assessors
    - Written based task on why you would be valued at the company

Interview Questions

• Once shown a graph of a thermodynamic cycle, explain each point and give a real-life example of the cycle.   1 Answer

9 Jan 2019 – Social Media Exec

Congratulations on your offer and thank you for leaving your feedback. Providing a great candidate experience is important, so we'd like to know more about yours, to look for ways we can improve . Please share your thoughts by emailing us at careers@babcockinternational.com

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group.

Interview

2 Day Assessment Centre, First day a Simple meet and greet (other potential graduates and the workplace itself including some of the work they are currently carrying out) and the second day an interview, presentation and group activity. The group activity was related to the work Babcock perform and was a previous problem that was needing to be solved.

Interview Questions

• Standard Mechanical Engineering interview questions. Why did you apply to this role etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Plymouth, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online with a long form asking for various reasons why I wanted to work for them. I was then asked to do an online competency test. I was then asked to a two day assessment center where I had an interview, did a presentation and did a group task.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used your initiative?   1 Answer

30 May 2018 – Social Media Exec

Thank you for your review. First impressions are important, so we're glad you've had a positive interview experience at Babcock International Group. Congratulations on your offer - we wish you the very best of luck in your career with us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

A very different approach of many small interviews rotated throughout the day on varying subjects such as technical and competency. Also several group exercises on relevant company scenarios. The whole process took a full working day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time there was a challenge and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Babcock International Group in October 2016.

Interview

Online application which included questions about the company and also involved Aptitude tests
    Then there was an Assessment centre which involved a 1:1 interview, group activities and a presentation all day from nine to five

Interview Questions

• Motivational questions:
      Describe a time you've used your anitiative
      Describe a time you've showed leadership
      Why do you want to work for Babcock   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babcock International Group (Bristol, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was strange. A little like an interview version of speed dating. All applicants were in the same room with 9 or 10 interviews at tables. When finished a short interview with one interviewer you moved to the next table. Every interviewer had a different subject he quizzed you on. Fluid mechanics, materials and general engineering questions.

Interview Questions

• Every interviewer had a different subject he quizzed you on. Fluid mechanics, materials and general engineering questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.