Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jul 2018

2.8

CIB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Skype interview 1st round.
    I had other plan for the summer by the time I received an offer.
    This process took a very long time, however. I thought I was not getting an offer at that point.

CIB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter and brought in for a multiple round interview. Notified a week later that an internal candidate was selected then referred to another position. Any woman and person of color, be aware of the gender/racial makeup of the Los Angeles office. Definitely something to keep in mind as almost all employees and other candidates for the superday were white males.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a two month interview process. I was called in three separate times, and met with leaders and associates from the teams I would be working closely with. Some interviewers tested on technical subjects, and others asked personality based questions. The interviews lasted up to 3 hours each. It was overall a very exhausting process, but I think it is probably typical in the industry.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Very friendly and down to earth. Asked me about my resume projects. Some technical questions like what is a stock, bond, selling short.

Negotiation

Miniminal Negotiations. Accept or decline.

IT Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in June 2012.

Interview

Called by internal person for phone interview first. 2nd/3rd interview was with senior management and final interview with HR

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just asking what you know and you better know what you advertise on your resume and what you are applying for   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was good got a nice bump after negotiating with HR

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had first phone interview with the Director of IT development.
    It was technical + resume based interview. He asked me about my academic projects and my work projects in detail. Few HR questions also, like why BTMU, why did you apply to this position.
    Later I had two phone interviews, one with Manager of Summer intern program and another one with HR. It was very basic and mostly conversational. HR extended me an offer on phone itself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

applied online through campus website. First round was a phone interview which took roughly 15-20 min. Very basic interview. Walk me through your resume, tell me a little about yourself, why bank of tokyo and how did they compare to their competition with other banks. also be able to talk about coursework

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.

Interview

This position came to my attention through my university career office, which is the venue by which they mostly hire interns (majority graduate/Masters and/or Ivy League students). My resume was forwarded to one of the department VP's who happened to need an intern with quantitative and programming skills. I was contacted via email, and an interview was set up as one would typically expect from a company--I was invited to the firm's office building and had a trio of interviews between various VPs and team members, to test my knowledge of finance (particularly derivatives, as they pertained to the job), programming and math. There was a second round, but this was basically with HR to test my fit with the company culture. Basically, being a Japanese bank, there is a strong focus on teamwork and loyalty. It's no surprise that their business is highly client focused and relationship based, with a very conservative business attitude (you won't find prop trading desks in this bank). The process took about a month, with an offer extended about a week after the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were related to the position, which basically dealt with programming details. For example, I was asked about my aptitude in algorithms and their implementations (dynamic programming, search and sorts, arrays, linked lists, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation

For an intern? This is defined by what level of education you have (undergrad sophomore, junior, senior, etc.). There really isn't much in the way of negotiations (at least at the intern level).

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Was recruited through a staffing agency. Met with two of the supervisors and had an average question and answer session. Relatively affable meeting. I was told what they were looking for in the position and I detailed my own past experiences to show how I was qualified for the position. Received the offer the same day.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bank Of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

You would come in to meet with HR. Then you will return and meet with the Hiring Manager(s). If you was a match you would have to take a drug test. Return and meet with HR again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.