Bank of England Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bank of England Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Bank of England

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Start with online application, online test, video interview, excel test and finalise with assessment centre.
Online application - 30 mins: basic information, qualifications, CV (don't remember if cover letter is required, but better prepared.) after the applications comes to the online test, 5/7 days deadline.
Online Assessment - 40 mins total, including maths and verbal, both timed. Relatively easier question than Big Four, since its timed, its in greater pressure, but the question is easy so take your pace. after i finish the online test i received the video interview, to be finish in 3/5 days.
Video interview: better read through other peoples review, its great help. And be prepared to meet some new questions, suggested to read through your job required, website information and so on. Around one month later, i received the email inviting me to the assessment centre.
4*.
I received a excel test 3 days before assessment centre, which in my opinion is really professional excel test, suitable for people who take intermediate training, I don't quite remember the question but its 20 multiple choice and one long answer, limited 2 hours i think.
Assessment centre: i consider the most difficult process, with talented people around you, what i suggest is keep yourself and show your strong desire to work in the company. the interviewee is really patient and kind, while group discussion they have to show no emotion since they don't want to disturb you.
----------
after all the process, i received an offer 2 week after the assessment centre.

wish you all the best, good luck.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of England

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England in November 2018.

Interview

Completed online test which involved numeracy skills like calculating ratios/percentages. The second part gave you sections of text to read through with multiple choice questions. This was all under time pressure. The next stage was the video interview, they gave you a couple of practice questions and then a minute of preparation time and 2 minutes to speak on each question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a decision based on limited information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

An online application form, followed by testing (Maths, Language and Situational Judgement). The second round was an online video interview (mostly about the Bank and its functions). After this round, there was an Excel test (challenging) and an assessment centre at the bank. The assessment centre consisted of one interview (technical and behavioural) and two group projects.

Interview Questions

• What is a yield curve and explain its uses?   1 Answer
    • Define a hypothesis test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview took place at assessment centre. 3 activities one of which was an interview. Concentrated on macro micro and competency questions. Lasted around 40 mins. Before this did online tests, application and video interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, followed by a video interview and then invited to an assessment centre, which included 2 group work exercises as well as a skills and competencies interview with 2 senior members of staff

Interview Questions

• Lots of 'Tell me about a time that.... ' questions. followed by economics based questions   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England.

Interview

Straightforward, online application followed by online testing, video interview, excel test and finally assessment centre. Overall easy process, excel test difficult especially with 1 hour time limit. Currently completing assessment centre.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of England.

Interview

Short video interview after numerical, verbal and logical reasoning tests and the initial application process. Interview is followed by an online excel test. Overall, a very easy process for application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

At the assessment centre, there were two group exercises and an interview. The interview was split into two parts where they asked competency (HR) questions and technical questions, which were general Economic applications. The group exercises also tested your soft skills and technical ability. The group exercises both involved a group discussion with one requiring an individual write up and the other a group presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Online form followed filling out details, then online testing. Once you have passed this stage there is a video interview, and then the assessment centre which is the last stage.

Interview Questions

• what are the two main problems facing the UK economy, and how do these affect the Bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Had an interview on November 2017. It was challenging but a great experience. Most of the questions can be found on Glassdoor. The video interview included a few questions, where you were given 30-60 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What are the main differences between a central bank and a high street bank?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.