Barclays AVP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays AVP Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.2

AVP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Round Table Interview with 3 or more people. They go by the STAR method of interviewing so learn alot about that. Sometimes you'll also be asked to meet with a Director, if you make it to the next round and then with another Senior person within the bank. All depends on how qualified you are and how badly they need someone to fill the role.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to assume responsibilities and what was the result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

AVP Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2019.

Interview

Had two rounds interviews, met with the manager and the director. They were very nice and easy-going. HR has made a verbal offer and now waiting for the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• mostly behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a Barclays recruiter and applied for the job. My first interview was supposed to be with the hiring manager but 15 minutes after the start time no one had called me yet. I e-mailed the recruiter and within a minute of hitting send I got a call but it was not the hiring manager. In fact it was someone that was very difficult to understand on the phone which made it very challenging. Very unprofessional. Heck, the recruiter ghosted me after that when I e-mailed him about my experience.

Interview Questions

• I don't know, I couldn't understand the person I spoke with.   Answer Question

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

They had an initial phone/linkedin discussion and then a coding interview. By far, the worst process I have ever seen. They reached out to me with an exciting email about the position and if am interested I had to complete a coding challenge which would take 3-4 hours. They sent it to me the next week after initial chat and the coding challenge took about 3 hours. There was no feedback after that until i asked for it. After 4-5 days, i got a standard rejection email. From my perspective, I had done the coding challenge well and the least I would expect is to get some feedback on my coding as I have spent 3 hours for that test. In spite of repeatedly asking, they never got back to me with the feedback. Now coming to something more worse, i was reached out again after 2 months as some other position opened up. Again I was pretty excited and there were emails back and forth. Suddenly the recruiter stopped responding to the emails for no reason whatsoever. Extremely disappointing interview process with no basic etiquette from the recruiting team.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Resume submission, human resources phone screen, three rounds of interviews with people from the team. Technical questions on markets, the economy, the future of the company, corporate culture fit and smart people.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

Recommended for the role by the MD of the group.

1st round: With an AVP from a different team within the same group. It was completely technical about data analytics tools. The interviewer was the most arrogant person I've ever interviewed with. He didn't care about my explanation of projects and was cutting me off throughout my answers.

2nd round: With VP (Hiring Manager) and Director of the team. It was mostly behavioral questions and they asked about previous projects, work ex and situational based questions.
    Asked my salary expectations for the role, is the location okay etc.

Now, with the HR the experience has been most horrible . They have not responded to follow up for last 3 months. The Director of the team replied with positive note to my follow ups. I don't understand this kind of unprofessional behavior from one of the biggest bank in the world.

Interview Questions

• Previous challenging situation where you displayed leadership?   Answer Question
    • Situation where you guided your juniors in the team to achieve team goals and made an impact?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Leeds, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Competency based interview which depends on manager interviewing you and they have usually already chosen who they are going to employ. Regardless of how well you do is irrelevant and subject to discretion of hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a risk event   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Screening interview with a guy who probably had questions and answers printed.
    The way questions where formulated were not technical at all the he was expecting a very specific answer.
    Totally unprofessional and I won't apply again.

AVP Interview

Interview

If you are getting calls form recruiters for Barclays Khardi Pune location, I would suggest there is no point in attending interview specially if you are called for Infrastructure, Unix, Windows, VMware. These positions are open since more than six months.
    You will find interview panels are not shortlisting even after answering 200% correct answers. The Panels sit with their laptops and in front of you search keywords from your resume and ask questions. Don't know the reason but may be the Panels don't want to fill the positions might they want to save their jobs. I have question if the Panels are so talented then what is need to look for the technology expert?
    My today's experience was very bad, I interviewed for Chef Cookbook development, the interviewer was quite happy with me , I showed him my git repo and codes, we discussed on coding etc ..but suddenly he got a call from other panel, he went out and when he came back he told me that he done with the interview and I can leave for the day, he didnt bother to discuss on the topic that left incomplete when he pickup the call.
    In the background he was called by another panel who know me by some reason and he asked this panel to not shortlist me. There is internal nexus of these interview takers that not shortlisting people just making work for Barclays recruiters, third party recruitment agencies but they are not filling the positions.
    If Barclays really want to hire the people, conduct interview by third person who are not associated with the project that candidate going to join. You will never find the candidates as long as these panels are taking interview.
    I twice interviewed and found interviewer is more interested to beat you with his knowledge rather than observing positive things within the candidate.

Interview Questions

Barclays Response

7 Nov 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. We are really disappointed that you have had such a poor experience at a recruitment event and have taken steps to improve this in future.

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Today I went Barclay's Pune EON IT Park office for the interview and after sitting there for almost 5 hours my interview doesn't happened. The HR hiring panel is so worst and carried no manners how to treat with the people. They were screaming on the people and for many people they lost their resume as well. So I must say and suggest Barclay's to improve toward this area as it is impacting their business reputation. The HR people were not able to handle the recruitment and even they don't have the proper arrangement of the interview panel.

Barclays Response

7 Nov 2018 – AVP - HR

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.