Barclays Community Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Community Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online for a temp position, after 3 days the recruiter contacted me,I did a screening on the phone and they sent me a link to a video interview,,my interview went well, just 11 pre-recorded competency based questions using STAR technique.
Then they made me wait for 2 weeks so I had to email them,,somebody contacted me the same day saying they decided to chose an internal candidate.
What a shame and waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Explain me a situation you said no to something that thought its unfair   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in Galashiels, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Galashiels, Scotland) in February 2018.

Interview

This was for a temporary role. Although recruitment was done by Barclays you were employed by an agency in London. It was a video interview so I never actually had a face to face interview. This was the first time I'd done a video interview and you had to answer the questions in a certain time frame before it moved on to the next question which was a bit tricky. Have a list of scenarios at the ready and dress as though you are at a physical interview as they will see what you look like on video.

Interview Questions

• They asked for lots of example based scenarios i.e. How you dealt with a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Saint Albans, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately for an hour. I was interviewed by two people. The atmosphere was relaxing and friendly. The questions were not very difficult. But it was necessary that the answers were structured according to the STAR technique. It's really important for the candidate to be prepared to describe specific incidents from their working history. Be well prepared in advance! The questions were focused on the candidate competency guide sent within the interview confirmation email. They made questions on the topics: Control environment, Interpersonal skills and Technical Skills. They didn't ask anything about the information on my CV.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you worked collaboratively/helped a colleague and what was the result.   2 Answers
    • Describe a time that you discovered sth about yourself that you didn't know.   1 Answer
    • How do you improve yourself? What have you done in the past towards this direction?   1 Answer
    • There is a saying "Customer is always right". Do you agree with that?   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Interview

A relaxed introduction, leading to a large amount of formal questions and ending with a few open questions. There was room for me to be free with my responses and actually show them what kind of a person I am.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to abide by regulations.   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Apply online on company website. Fill in the form and submit a copy of your CV. Second stage is an online assessment, situational, numerical and verbal reasoning. If passed, an email is sent with a link to pick a date and time for the interview, very flexible. Interview is structured around company values.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a situation in which you had to make an informed decision and what was the outcome of that particular situation?   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

online assessment, phone interview, face to face interview. 2 people interviewed me the branch manager and his assistant mainly the branch manager who was asking and the other person was just writing (his opinion toward what I'm saying mainly the values). Have been asked 7 questions and in the beginning was a normal chat about my personal background, education and my experience then the questions about Control Environment, Interpersonal Skills and Technical Skills. It wasn't hard at all the questions are straight forward all you need to prepare situations for every question so think before you go. The guys were really good, helpful and will welcome you in excellent way and will answer any question you want to know also will be honest and direct about the vacancy and the status. They also informed me that they wil send their feedback to the HR and supposed to know within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when yo didn't show a customer what is inside you   1 Answer
    • Give me an example when you convinced a customer to use the digital trends   1 Answer
    • How do you measure your performance?   1 Answer

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in June 2017.

Interview

Exactly as others described on here. I applied online, and received an e-mail to take the assessments. A week after I finished the assessments I got an e-mail telling me to come in for an interview (It allows you to pick a date convenient for you, but there was only one date for me.) and the interview took place 2 weeks later. There were two people, one asking questions and the other taking notes and such. They were very lovely and made me feel extremely comfortable and welcome throughout the entire interview. I ended up not getting the job, I haven't found out why as I've gotten no reply from my e-mail requested feedback. Was really bummed as I knew I'd be perfect for this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Birmingham, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview which lasted for over an hour. Brief about you at the start then on to the competency based interview where you are asked various questions. If you cannot answer a question let the interviewer know and they will most likely give you another question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the online test, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them because the bank statement I used as proof of address(which did state my address) hadn't been posted to me and instead I had got it from a branch. At this point, I want to mention that in the instructions I was sent before the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. On my way home I received a call from a lady who said I should reschedule my interview as the HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY and my interview couldn't be done. I was left speechless, but I told her that I should wait for a bank statement to be posted to me (at the moment didn't know how long it would take) and then reschedule. When I received my statement, I contacted the recruitment helpdesk and they said they'll get back to me in 48hours. Never heard of them. Thankfully, I got another job.

Barclays Response

6 Apr 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Really sorry to hear about your experience, I can only apologise for what appears to be human error on this occasion. I really hope this occasion does not prevent you from looking at future vacancies with us as your experience is obviously not up to our usual candidate standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

Interview

After passing the online test, I was asked to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them, because my bank statement (that I used as proof of adress) hadn't been posted to me and I had got it from a branch instead (Of course my address was written on it!) At this point, I want to mention that in the instruction given prior to the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. No interview. On my way home, I received a phone call informing me that I need to reschedule my interview since it never happened as THE HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY. I told them why I was told I couldn't get interviewed and that I'll need a few days before I receive my bank statement. After a few days (when I got my statement) I called their recruitment helpdesk and asked for another interview. They told me someone will contact me in the next 48 hours. They never did. Thankfully, I got another job.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.