Barclays Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through linkedn where I was able to talk to her on the phone twice. She advised me to complete two tests, to gauge my personality and work ethic, I'm assuming. They went very well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Assessment background &credit check frequently in contact with recruiter any questions answered promptly any questions I had were answered it was a process but nothing good is easy i was informed every step
    Of the way

Interview Questions

• What make you an assessment to this company   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Extremely awful. Recruiters postponed interview twice. When I was finally scheduled, it was a rushed affair. They have us all come in and it's a cattle call sort of interview--Get 'em in, ask a few tired old questions and get 'em out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service even though it it took longer than necessary? (Typical tired old S.T.A.R. question)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV (US)).

Interview

I took a test online. Then got a phone interview. Then was called to do a face to face interview. At the interview you were told what to expect if you got the job. Then you met with someone that asked several questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Hamilton, OH (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

So i had a phone interview that I didn't really like, I was talking to a robot and I couldn't erase it and re do it. It then took them almost a month to contact me back....but then I had an interview and was very brief and short and I had waited in a glass room for almost an hour waiting on the interviewer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The process was fairly standard, a phone interview followed by an in person meeting with two managers. The questions were easy and mainly focused on my previous experience and what I could bring to the role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Francistown (Botswana)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Francistown (Botswana)) in July 2019.

Interview

first part is the written interview about their products and the second part is the oral inetrview mostly about you,previous work experience and how to handle situations you may encounter and why you think you are the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Which experience from your previous employer will be helpful in your new job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

Very quick and Efficient, I was interviewed by the manager who was very welcoming and settling, I got a call 2 days after the interview that I was successful. I started screening a week later, screening took most 4 months,by the way be prepared to deal with People from Poland who carry out the screening, very rude, dismissive and can hardly convey information for you to understand. They carry out pre-employment screening which involves a basic disclosure ( now if you’re British, a basic disclosure is enough, however if you’re non British, even though the screening portal is automatically set to run a basic disclosure, they will run a manual one on you so whatever is meant to be filtered on a basic disclosure will show up on this manual one and if anything is found and I mean anything, you will not get the job. Yes barclays have signed up for ban the box but your criminal record still has to be clear, sorry.. So, 3 months after providing everything required, I had already signed the contract and given a start date, I was told I passed screening and can start working on the date of offer and stage 2 screening will start once I have joined the company. I was so excited and ready to start then bloop!! a few days later I was told I passed the screening by accident and was still in screening, at the end of the 4 months and 3 days before the start date,I discovered I was unable to access the welcome portal on taelo and I saw the role I applied for re-listed as still accepting offers, I got a call from the recruiter weeks later with no reason given that they will not be going forward with my offer and if I wanted to find out more about why I should call the resourcing partner Hire right, I called hire right and they said they couldn’t give me any further information either, I was sent back to my recruiter, no one was able to answer the phone or respond to my email, I was so upset but I got tired of chasing up eventually and gave up, I now work for Skipton Building Society and I’m so glad that as soon as this door shut, another one was already open. It was great to end this way but I can imagine this happening to someone with no plan B. My advice is always have a plan B. I wish they can be more accurate and transparent during the recruitment process.

*You need a clean criminal record and also a clear credit history to pass screening stage 1.

Interview Questions

• Mainly situational Questions. Giving examples of when you received great service or gave great service, how you solved a problem and how you knew you had solved it to the best of your ability   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Chatham, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Online CV submission then process through video interview. The interview used HireVue and asked 10 questions and recorded your responses. Final 11th question was to add any further comments you had.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation while at work where you learned something about yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Bournemouth, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Online Assessment, had to do 3 different tests, next stage was the Telephone Interview, friendly chat about why I'd want the role, what I bring to it, awaiting next step.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.