Barclays Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.1

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Campus interviews + onsite, basic technical interviews (study your 400 Wall Street questions), mostly behavioral. Alumni really help to push you to next level. Interview process wasn’t bad. Get hired as generalist

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Extremely technical and long interview process. Hirevue included a 10 page report regarding financial regulations in the EU and I had to synthesize the material and deliver a presentation. Situational questions and only a few behavioral.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Cool down to earth people helped with preparing for interview in advance very specific about benefits but the process took long because of covid. Gave good advice on how to adapt to job title

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had a first round phone interview with an alum from my college, and then a virtual super day which consisted of multiple rounds. I heard back within a week from my final round interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Summer interview with Barclays HK, started in mid October, first round interviewed by two analyst in Hong Kong, and then shifted the second round with a director. later on superday in November, two MD one D, One VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Industry Trend
      Technical (Accounting)
      M&A idea
      LBO model
      Stock pitch
      strength and weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

2 Technical phone rounds: Fairly standard technical questions
    1 Hirevue: Questions more focuses one experience and the market
    1 Superday: Thirty-minute interviews with MDs, Associates, and Directors

Overall the process was not very difficult, they usually hold general superdays at the New York office and place you into a product/coverage group after you get the offer. Best advice is be prepared, know your technicals cold (don't get any wrong) and make sure you know whats going on in the market, i.e. interest rates, unemployment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an LBO

What is the difference between monetary and fiscal policy?

How does depreciation effect the three statements?

If I gave you $10m to invest, what would invest in to get maximum returns?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Not too technical. It was for a summer internship. I had 3 interviews back to back. I was asked some market based questions, and was asked about certain deals, but nothing in depth.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

After doing an office visit, I was invited to do a phone interview. I spoke with a VP. The interview was basically in three parts: 1) talk about myself, 2) industry discussion, 3) Accounting and Valuation

Interview Questions

• Why has the oilfield services industry been impacted with the downturn in oil prices?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process had a phone screen interview with HR, interview on campus, interview at HQ with MD and VP. Mix of technical and fit questions but overall fairly standard process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Campus invite-only networking event, followed by on campus interview, followed by a super day. Was notified of rejection the Tuesday following my Friday super-day. In that sense, it was good. However, first round interview led me to believe I was prepared for super-day, which I was absolutely not.

Interview Questions

• Roundabout way of asking me to walk them through a DCF.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.