Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was a typical super day with multiple people- one interview was much more serious than the others which were mostly just conversations. There was no dedicated technical interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I went through on campus recruiting for Barclays summer banking internship. First round took place on campus at the career center. I got through to a second round in their headquarters, but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get many technical questions. Most questions were fit oriented, asking why I picked my major, why I was interested in finance, and my extracurricular activities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. After applying, was contacted by an alum to set up first round phone interview. It was around 10 minutes fit questions like walk me through resume, why IB, why Barclays etc. and then around 10 minutes of the usual technicals (3 financial statements, DCF etc.). 2nd round phone screen was the same. Didn't progress from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus resume drop and formal application. Consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews. Interviews were relaxed and technical questions weren't too difficult. Contacted a few days later saying that I didn't get selected for the next step of the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the common methods of valuation? How do you calculate WACC?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral and markets based. I had three interviewers from mostly senior people. The behavioral questions were standard and there was one brain teaser mixed in. The culture of the firm seemed to be pretty good as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something in the markets you have been following lately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I networked with various analysts on their recruiting team for my school and was selected to have two phone interviews with MDs. The networking was very casual, as was the interviews. The interviews were not technical at all, just behavioral questions and getting to know me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the consulting club you are in at school, and an interesting case you advised on.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through a HireVue as a first-round interview. From there, I was offered the chance to come and interview in person for a superday. I was told of my decision within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through each of the financial statements if depreciation increases by $10mm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Didn't do first round phone interview, just did superday, recruiter contacted me, the people who interviewed me were nice, more behavioral than I expected but definitely keep up with the markets

Interview Questions

• If you were given the choice of receiving $1,000 today or a year from today, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question
    • What is happening in the markets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process itself could definitely described by some as difficult, but for I would say that the interview process was more of an experience that allowed me to learn about myself.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in September 2017.

Interview

Networked with employees from my university over the summer. Applied, completed an online strengths assessment. Had a 30 minute phone screen and then a 1 hour Superday on campus.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.