Barclays Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Interview Questions in Manchester, England

Interviews at Barclays

Operations Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in November 2020.

Interview

Initial application, strengths based immersive assessment, online interview. 10 days after completing the interview I get an email saying that they had received a sufficient number of applications and that my application couldn’t be progressed further. If they have enough applications, they should close the programme and not waste people’s time. Further, they didn’t provide any feedback and I’m quite sure they haven’t even bothered having a look at my interview. Wouldn’t want to work for a company that treats their employees so badly.

Interview Questions

• Business case scenario with some written and recorded answers   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online for a temp position, after 3 days the recruiter contacted me,I did a screening on the phone and they sent me a link to a video interview,,my interview went well, just 11 pre-recorded competency based questions using STAR technique.
    Then they made me wait for 2 weeks so I had to email them,,somebody contacted me the same day saying they decided to chose an internal candidate.
    What a shame and waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Explain me a situation you said no to something that thought its unfair   Answer Question

Manual Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England).

Interview

It took me ages to receive a response and the response was never clear. The job description was not cleared and the hiring manager did not know what’s the salary on offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was split into 2 sections each lasting 1 hour.
    1 hour Technical which included a whiteboard session (even though the recruiter told me it wouldn't)
    1 hour behavioural based on Barclays principle's R.I.S.E.S

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't follow a procedure or process   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Based on company values and competencies. Respect Integrity Service Excellence and Stewardship. Also involved a test which if failed meant the interview ended at that point. Both interviewers very professional and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have challenged a superior because you disagreed with what they were doing.   Answer Question

B4 Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview is simply points based no work or extras you may have done get taken into account neither does longevity in a position or loyalty to the company

Interview Questions

• What do you expect the business to do going forward using your skillset   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted my C.V on line , Informed they wanted to interview me which then took another 4 days before I got a date and time . Phone Interview took maximum 10 minutes .
    Sent an on line test which took 1 and half hours .

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview was terrible he asked me to describe my current role and as soon as I mentioned Selenium WebDriver he stopped me and said OK please click on the link I am about to send and carry out the on line test. I may as well be speaking to a robot. Barclays are so big on automation they should have automated this guy too. It was obvious he was too busy or preoccupied .   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone interview -asking basics about java, myself and what I am looking at Barclays. One on-site interview which lasted about 3 hours and one online coding interview where I have been recorded the whole time. The interview overall was average, just because of the peer pressure of the recorded video rather than the difficulty of the problems.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational based questions, 2 coding challenges laying around Java Strings   1 Answer

Data Analyst - Advanced Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then an online test on the company's site and then a face to face interview with a manager. The phone interview and the test were really easy. The interview was something really different. They didn't care about my background. They didn't ask me anything about the role or the company. I had to answer to answer 7 - 8 questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a call centre, some inbound and outbound calls and you and selling something.. And you have to do the math and find out some numbers. Also, how would you maximize the profit of the call centre?   1 Answer
    • You have a table from SPSS with a logistic regression analysis. Is this statistically significant?   1 Answer
    • Python quaries and SQL quaries and fill the gaps.   Answer Question
    • You have a linear regressions analysis and you have to prove something   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England) in February 2018.

Interview

People were friendly, a positive experience. At assessment centre, there was a scenario based exercise and then a 1:1 interview, with networking as an introduction. Prior to the assessment day, there were psychometric tests and then a video interview.

Interview Questions

• It mostly consisted of competency questions and questions about the company values.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.