Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Two interviewers, one by one. The first round is easier, but second round harder.
Generally, there are two parts: math and coding. Usually 3 questions for math, including probability, brownian motion, Markov chain. One question for programming, but this question tends to be easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are climbing stairs. If there being n steps, you can climb with step 1,3,5, until the maximum odd number no bigger than n. Calculate the number of methods you can climb on n-stairs.   1 Answer
  • 2. Coding: Find the n-th prime number   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume online, after two or three weeks, received an email from the recruiter and set up an initial phone interview. Asked general questions in financial math, and in the end he invited me to on-site, but after three weeks, they told me they would pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Monte Carlo simulation, binary tree, forward price, etc.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received an email for interview for the same day. The interviewer was really nice, smart, and spoke very fast. Questions are mainly concerned with previous experience on my resume, for example, most important take-aways from your course listed, and what I did in my previous internships. It was really a pleasant experience, but I didn't get a follow-up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position in Singapore. First I did an online video interview which are all behavioral questions. After that I had two video interviews at the New York office with several representatives from Singapore team. The first one was a technical one and lasted about two hours. I got five math problems and five brain teasers. Some of them are quite difficult but the interviewers are really nice and kept giving me clues. About a week later, I got a second video interview which was basically background check and some finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the limit (use l'hospital's rule, easy question)
      Sum of fibonacci series
      Question about flipping coins (use markov chain)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

4 Interviews and 1 written test. The interviews are separate with different areas. And the written test is of 40 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. The interviewers are nice people but the questions are quite technical related with finance, math, probability. I couldn't answer all the question but they will give a direction on it. I didn't do well and I didn't get an offer from it.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, coding test before this interview, python was used. some Monte Carlo and mcmc, some easy binomial and uniform dist., need many statistics but very basic. hope this help.

Interview Questions

• odes, stochastic process, Markov chain, MCMC   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

very nice persons, the questions are relatively challenging. many questions relate to fibonacci numbers. they describe some questions and need to use mathematics induction to solve.

black-scholes formula is required. you probably need to derive and explain them in details.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2020.

Interview

long time
    average difficulty
    online test + online math + video interview + 5h webex interview including math and coding

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Competency based interview. The interview was very simple since it only asked motivational based questions and some competency: this was the first pre-recorded interview, the second one was a Maths test and it was tough.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was a full day process, interviewing with three or four people and doing a strategy based game as a team. This was a graduate based interview.

Interview Questions

• Work out a formula to describe the distance between two hands of a clock   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.