Barclays Relationship Support Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Barclays

3.5

Relationship Manager Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

The process started with online psychometric/mathematical tests which took about 2 hours to complete. Then I received an email inviting me to an interview. I was living in Berlin at the time and flew over at my own cost. The interview went for over 2 hours. I received an email 10 days later to request I come and meet 2 of the managers, which meant I had to fly in at my own cost again. The meeting went for 28minutes. From there onwards, no word, just a lot of silence and emails from me chasing up the outcome. After 2 months they finally said I need another meeting with another manager in which I said I couldnt fly in for due to the cost. They agreed to do a whatsapp video call which took 20minutes. Again after that phone call nothing for another month. Then I got an automated rejection email to say the role has been filled. I emailed the lady who was helping me with the process who denied the email. 2 days later I received a call from her to say the role is no longer required and no one will be taken for it. What a waste of time. They already had someone for the role internally months and months ago but wasted time with true talent which had to fly in from around the globe to make it to their petty interview and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you were able to avoid risk or were in a risk related situation?
    Tell us how you have contributed to a continuous improvement process?
    How can you use the values to relate to your skills and working style?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

You initial have to apply online, creating a profile on Barclays website. Once you have uploaded a covering letter/CV you’ll the be sent a online situational, numerical and logical test to do.

If you pass, you’ll then have a telephone interview, followed by a face to face with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Look at the competency based questions, on Barclays website.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Oxford, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their resourcing team and confirmed I would be interested, most of the call was about previous experience as well as some general screening questions.

The application was made on line and was painless, this was followed by an online assessment which again was relatively simple, you're tested on math, reasoning and logic in the form of multiple choices but brush up on percentages and fractions if you need to.

If you pass the assessment then you'll be invited to an interview at a time and date which is convenient for you, you'll be given a interview pack and confirmation of what competencies you'll be quizzed on however if you have the experience then you should have plenty of examples.

The format of the interview was as follows;
    - Ice breaker
    - Questions based on the competencies as per the information pack.
    - Why Barclays?
    - They'll then go through your CV
    - Any questions for them (make sure you have some good questions)

The above took around a hour and a half which was the allocated amount of time.

They will let you know the outcome within 5 working days but they informed me by the end of the week.

If you pass the interview you will then be required to fill in some information about current/previous salaries, salary expectations and notice period, you'll then receive an official offer within 5 days and if accepted you'll then be subjected to a general background check.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you took a risk which could affect the business. What was the process/route you took and what was the outcome.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started with general introductions. First asked about why I applied for this position. It lasted about hour and half. Two people conducted the interview. Main focus was on the control environment and business skills. I had to demonstrate with examples of how I could deliver a great customer service and how would I tackle with problems if I faced any. Also been asked about a time when I struggled with a task as well as working with others and giving examples of these.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of where you had to follow a strict guidelines and policies Within control environment.   1 Answer
    • what is your weakness?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.