Barclays Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

A few phone interviews (first behavioral, then growing in difficulty) followed by a superday that was largely behavioral in their New York City office. Everyone was super nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a super day in the NYC office. The super day consisted of three 30-minute one on one interviews with employees throughout the sales and trading division.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales and trading?   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

It was one Phone interview, and the Superday was 3 30 minute interviews. Phone call was with an alumni and the superday was with 3 managing directors. Consisted of technical and behavioral questions during the superday

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online and got an 1:1 interview on campus. Positive interview experience overall. They were pretty nice. Mostly behavioral questions or questions related to basic understanding of this role. It took me about two weeks to get the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, a few technicals. Interviewers were very friendly and open; interviews were very conversational. The number of technicals (e.g. questions about the markets, interest rates, FX) were dependent on who the interviewers were.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through Sophomore Springboard program; this program fast-tracks you to a superday at their New York headquarters. The New York interview consisted of three back-to-back interviews with employees at the bank, asking mainly behavioral/fit types of questions.

Interview Questions

• The trading floor is hectic: would you be able to deal with the stresses and loud personalities on the floor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and went through my school's career office to speak with HR. 1st Round Phone Call with Salesperson. Two weeks later there was a Superday consisting of 3 separate interviews. My group had 3 candidates and we switched rooms after an allotted time. It mainly consisted of personality fit questions, experience in a team, dealing with risk, market knowledge, why S&T, why Barclays, and stock pitches. Interviewers were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round interview with my college's alumnae at the firm over the phone, picked for a superday in New York. Superday consisted of three, 30 minute interviews with senior people across different desks. Mostly fit and market questions, had to do a stock pitch. Found out early the next week I had an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me a rejection email monday following the interview that I did not get it. The recruiter did not even have my name on the email and the formatting was completely wrong. Shocks me how such a large institution that emphasizes "respect for others," shows no respect for a potential candidate. Please train your hr staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest 1,000,000
      why barclays
      conflict example   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was given an early superday and did not have to do a first round interview. I interviewed with 3 people, each for 30mins. They then did a debriefing panel with analysts from my school to try and sell all of the interviewees on Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your classes and why it interests you?
      Have you ever proposed an idea and it was shot down?
      What group do you want to join and why?
      Why Barclays?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.