Barclays Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barclays Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online, then got contacted by HR by email regarding my minimum salary requirements. HR then set up 1st round phone interview with the hiring manager. 2nd round interview was by WebEx with the hiring manager, their manager and two other team members. The hiring manager gave me a case to assess my credit skills. I was told that I will be contacted in a week. I have not heard back for 2.5 weeks, contacted the hiring manager, then HR and received a rejection email from HR. The email had details of the HR rep with suggestion to contact this person for more detailed feedback. I contacted the HR person and the hiring manager for feedback, have not heard back from either one, which is very unprofessional. Why offer to contact for feedback if you have not intention of providing it?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The reviewer asked me to describe my work experience and to focus on the areas that would help me to succeed in the role they're looking to fill. The call was pleasant and polite

Interview Questions

• What have you done that would help you excel in this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The process was very disorganized and disappointing from start to finish. I was contacted in May for a role and was strung along for 4 months, told I was getting an offer, then nothing. I went in for face to face interviews, both of which ended up getting cancelled after I waited for over 40 mins each time. Not to mention, the video technology which they could not get working. I was very disappointed as the leadership seems great to work with and they are willing to invest in technology and people, but happy in the end because this is probably indicative of the overall employee experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and specifics about your background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of tech screening java basics , core java, java design patterns . Oracle questions included - index , sql queries.
    Some front end questions including JavaScript , emerging techobologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interviews were collegial, very general and focused on my general experience. All 3 interviewers were careful to explain the role, responsibilities and what they were seeking in the candidate. They were very open to answering my questions about the group. The main issue for me was that I was interviewing for a role more junior than my experience warrants, which they confirmed after the process. They were incredibly positive about my ability to contribute to the firm and indicated they would support my application to positions at more senior levels with other groups. They did not have the budget flexibility to elevate the VP role, however, and also felt the work would not fully utilize my skills. All in all, despite not getting the job, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• At the end, they wanted to know what I would bring to the group.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Not a tricky interview. You just need to have industry knowledge and experience.

Negotiation

Some negotiation. Not much.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Role: Front office technology
    First round(telecon): 30 min tech
    Second round(telecon): 2 hrs (talked to 4 people) - tech + derivatives
    F2F in NYC office: 9 am to 4:30 pm - Java, Algorithms, Written test, Derivatives, Fixed Income

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions related to algorithms - linked list, array, hashcode etc
      Lot of finance ques - options greeks, bond duration, correlation, option pricing   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the offer was better than my expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

People were great; they were very friendly. They explained the job, roles, responsibilities with full clarity. I talked to quite a few individuals, some of them senior managers. In terms of what would be expected of a good interview, this interview fully met all of the expectations I had. I was very pleased with the discussions. There were several 15 minute breaks which allowed me to rest. During interviews I was encouraged to ask questions about the job, roles and responsibilities, future of the firm etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview was pretty much one sided monologue with the interviewer doing the talking.It looked like he wanted to spend some time on a friday afternoon with no clear agenda in mind. He was very nice and warm as a person, but the interview looked more like a coffee chat (monologue).He didn't ask me anything, only asked me what questions I had.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult because he didnt ask anything.He only talked and talked when I asked him something and this went on for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Had a combination of phone and video interviews. All went well and the fit was good on both sides. The process did extend beyond the normal period for a replacement hire due to internal politics on which office the position would be located. Overall a good experience though. HR and other support were great during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A question completely unrelated to the line of work for which I was applying, i.e. a technical question. Turns out this person was testing me to see if I would be suitable for an open position in their universe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not as painful as most places can be. Had a great hiring manager that delivered.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.