Baringa Partners Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 102 of over 102 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Baringa Partners

Application

I interviewed at Baringa Partners

Interview

CV interview followed by case study. Case study involving event planning. Case study questions revolved around building a team and risk assessments. I was asked about times I've dealt with a conflict in a team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict in a team
    Answer Question

Baringa Partners

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baringa Partners

Interview

I had a case Study then a debrief and questions afterwards. The case study was a typical consulting scenario. Questions were based on my analysis, observations and what I would recommend. I also had a brief run through of my CV.

Interview Questions
  • To conduct a case study on consulting.

What people are saying about Baringa Partners

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Was invited to an interview via a recruiter who did no interview prep before hand which is fine. Was sent a 40 page recruitment pack which made Baringa seem like a good company to work for. Even mentioned being in top 10 for multiple years running. They asked for an in-person interview, which is fine however rare at the moment given that many companies are still offering zoom interviews. One of the interviewers turned up late due to travel issues. The interview itself was very much why do you want to work here? What sells Baringa to you? What do you think of our website? What differentiates a good assistant from a great one? Having not watched the videos on the website (something they clearly want due to them spending a lot of money on them I struggled here) I had read the recruitment pack and done research on the company however did not have the right info to hand and they were annoyed that I had taken the time to read over an outdated recruitment pack. The interview lasted an hour and in itself I did not think it was negative however the interviewer was a difficult person to please. Interview feedback was some of the most shocking feedback I have ever received! I was told I was 15 minutes late (not true) and I was inappropriately dressed and it was clear I had done no research on the company what so ever. I took the feedback incredibly personally and did not receive any feedback on my ability to do the job or on the answers I had given to their questions. All in all, I would not recommend interviewing for an executive assistant role at Baringa and it does not seem like the kind of company I would want to work for with them making such negative judgments and not providing constructive feedback.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

Headhunted via Linkedin by a third party recruiter. Attended four interviews: an initial conversation with a senior consultant, a case study with managers, a follow up call with a senior manager and a conversation with one of the partners. Optionally, a peer-to-peer conversation opportunity was offered, which was good for asking informal questions

Interview Questions
  • General culture, fit and motivation questions, some specific Python, SQL and optimisation questions in the case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process left much to be desired. First, I was contacted and asked to give dates I could interview in the coming days. I responded, but no response from Baringa for 8 days asking for availability the following week. I gave new info and a week later was contacted again for new availability. I was expected to respond right away but they did not act likewise. Finally an interview was scheduled for over a week later. About 3/4 of the way into the interview, the interviewer asks me which of the positions I was applying for. Seriously? After the interview - weeks of silence but that seemed to be par for the course in this unprofessional sequence. I should have taken all the red flags into consideration earlier in the process.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Baringa and why would you want to be part of the team?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

The assessment centre was about 4 hours long, and was a mixture of panels/Q&As with graduate analysts, managers and partners, alongside three interviews. There was a CV interview with a member of HR, a case study with a consultant, and a competency based interview with a partner. Everyone was very friendly and I think offered a pretty seamless experience given that it's very difficult to hold assessment centres virtually. I think partially because of this, the case study was comparably easy, and did not follow the standard MBB format - it was more like a chat. I get the impression that since the firm is on a big hiring drive, interviews might have been more of a formality after they'd already decided who to take on the basis of CVs.

Interview Questions
  • What do you consider to be your biggest achievement? Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

Series of interviews with Directors and Partners. HR was involved in the process, but no screen as I had applied speculatively. All interviews were genuinely two-way discussions. The final stage would have been a panel, but I was rejected in the penultimate step. Although I didn't agree with all of the reasons given for rejecting me, it was done by phone and very respectfully. They also accelerated the process at my request when another more advanced opportunity got to offer stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Baringa Partners

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners in Jun 2021

Interview

Very smooth interview process, shortly after applying I was invited to complete an online test. This was a mix of maths, literacy and fit type questions. Following this I was invited for a screening interview with a Senior Consultant. This was quite informal and the questions were largely motivational, ensuring I had a passion for the relevant industry. Next is a 2 hour case study interview. You are given a pack of information which you have to use to create a brief presentation for a client meeting. You are given one hour to prepare and then an hour to talk through your ideas with two Directors. The final stage is a 1-hour interview with a Partner. This is a mix of motivational, competency and technical questions. The entire process was completed within a few weeks and HR were very supportive. I was made an offer shortly after completing the final interview stage.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Baringa Partners

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baringa Partners

Interview

Rigorous. The interview process has a variety of tests on skills, such as a case study. It takes a long time. I heard back quite soon after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Haven’t heard back yet on my final round interview which happened 4 months back. Very opaque process, the people who work at Baringa considers themselves no less than MBB. The case study round was to prepare a proposal for a project. And the behavioral questions were too vague.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Interviews