Barnardo's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Barnardo's Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnardo's

2.6

Family and Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnardo's in June 2016.

Interview

Third degree type interview process
    One question became three
    Questions asked in the longest way possible
    Didnt make me comfortable or relaxed, having reach interview early, still waited 30 minutes passed interview time, which made me more nervous!!

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I had a face to face interview with two people. The interview was very relaxed and I felt at ease . I then had a telephone interview with the area manager

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Palace, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Crystal Palace, England) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview took 30 mins and it was like you speak to a friend, which was very nice. I did not feel like I'm having interview, but more like I meet friends.

Interview Questions

• questions about me, what I know about the company.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airdrie, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Airdrie, Scotland) in October 2015.

Interview

Competency Interview. Was my first interview for around 1 year, they didn't make me feel very relaxed though. Nice enough women, however one was just a little condescending towards me which obviously didn't help my nervousness. Told me they would contact me that night or the next day and I didn't hear from them until around 1 week later.

Project Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

Standard Application form and personal statement. About a week after the closing date I got invited to interview. I thought the interview process was good, giving candidates an opportunity to show their abilities through different methods - there was a presentation, a written case study task and an interview. It meant that if you are not great at one aspect there are other opportunities to shine. All took place in one session which lasted about 90 minutes.

The panel were friendly and supportive and helped me feel at ease. I felt like they wanted to see my best side and help me relax. Had to take lots of documents along to interview and fill in lots of paperwork, but this is pretty standard for working with children. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that a safeguarding issue came up at work and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Project Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's.

Interview

A standard set of questions asked at every interview with a few inappropriate unfair personal questions thrown in.
    The questions are scored out of 5. But there is no way of knowing how or why you scored less/more than colleges

Interview Questions

• Will your relationship with other staff (friends) effect your professionalism   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Birmingham, England) in June 2015.

Interview

hit and miss online system, fairly informal 2 person interview, standard "stock"questions, didn't go out of their way to put you at ease or be friendly and certainly didn't tell you the truth about what the job entails

Interview Questions

• what do you know about our basis and values and how do you implement them   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlepool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Hartlepool, England) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview via email. The interviewers were late, and didn't know which order the interviews were taking place. They asked about retail experience, what I knew about Barnardo's and how I thought they recruited their volunteers. I was also asked about profit and how I would ensure that the business was successful.

Interview Questions

• The question's about profit and the business side of things.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Chelmsford, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed, filled out a form with the manager in the room at the back. She went through the form with me and asked the questions, I answered and she wrote down what I said. The interview was pretty quick and she explained to me what I would be doing when volunteering at the shop, as well as mentioning some safety rules.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormskirk, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnardo's (Ormskirk, England) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a one on one interview where i was asked why i wanted to volunteer for a childrens charity. By the end of the interview i was asked when i could start work and shown around