Bauer Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bauer Media Interview Questions

Interviews at Bauer Media

2.4

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bauer Media (Englewood, NJ (US)).

Interview

The process was very straightforward. I was contacted via email with the interview request and set up an in person interview. The interview was quick and to the point, the editor who would be in charge of me was the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I was interested in the industry, and what interest I had about celebrities since it was a celebrity magazine.   1 Answer

Senior PM Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bauer Media in April 2018.

Interview

I got an e-mail a few days after applying online. It was a pretty straight forward phone interview. We talked a bit about my experience with Google Analytics and I gave a brief overview of my editorial experience. I was given an edit test and submitted it but the salary wasn't a match. I was told my resume would be kept on file for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an editorial strategy that you tested out in your current position. Why or why didn't it work? How did you respond?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood Cliffs, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bauer Media (Englewood Cliffs, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was really easy going. I sent my resume and cover letter directly to the name listed on the job posting. I got an email saying to come in the next day for an interview. I interviewed with two different people at the same time. Mostly talked about my background, what my aspirations were, why I wanted to work for the company, etc. Then they walked me through what my responsibilities would be and then asked if I had any questions etc. Then they gave me an edit test and got back to me a week later with an offer. Edit test was extensive, challenging and really really fun. It puts your industry knowledge and journalism skills to the test and really makes you think outside the box, which is essential in this industry. Show them you love this industry and are willing to have fun with your job and that your skills can be really useful for this position.

Interview Questions

• What's the dream? (What's your dream job?)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone screen and then spent hours on a code challenge that had inconsistent expected output - their explanation is wrong based on the rules given. Then they applied a formula for code review, and if you don't fit their mold exactly, they'll pass on you. With that said, it was one of the more fun code challenges I've done.

Interview Questions

• - This test is not timed, take as long as you need.
       - You may not use ANY third party libraries in your solution, with the exception of testing libraries.
       - You may complete the test in the programming language of your choice.
       - Please tell us what language you used to implement your solution.
       - Please submit your solution as a zip file.

# The Problem

### Meet the Bauer Bidding Platform

Bauer Xcel is running a Silent Auction. We have a set of items we would like to auction and a set of users who would like to make bids for those items. You are going to help our auction house run the auction!

We will supply you with a list of auction items and their attributes, and a list of users and their bidding preferences, and for each item you will tell us which user made the winning bid and what the winning bid was.

## Auction rules

- Each user has a finite amount of money to bid on all the items. Once it's gone, they can no longer bid on anything else.
      - Each user can bid only once for each item.
      - It is a silent auction - users do not know each other's bids.
      - Once bidding is finished for all items, the highest bid wins each item.

### Instructions

Write a program that will take the data from `items.json` and `bidders.json` as input. Given the data in `items.json` and `bidders.json`, and applying the rules in `rules.txt` a correct program will generate the following:

### Examples

#### Input
      ```
        ["Horses horses horses", "painting", "horses", "$25,000", "200 × 180 in", "Joe Smith"],
        ["Mrs Frisby", "painting", "Mrs Frisby", "$3,000", "31 × 25 in", "Shelley Adler"],
        ["Tomato Organizers", "painting", "tomatoes", "$150,000", "120 × 180 in", "Christopher Boffoli"],
        ["The principles of nature", "painting", "trees", "$50,000", "23 × 15 in", "Jaehyo Lee"],
        ["The Sweet Life", "sculpture", "lollipops", "$100,000", "18 × 12 in", "Elena Bulatova"]
      ]

["The principles of nature", "Sue Perkins", "$100,000"],
        ["The Sweet Life", "Amanda Wu", "$100,000"]
      ]

####Rules
      Each bidder can bid only once for each item.
      All bidders bid the starting bid unless other rules come into effect.
      All bidders stop bidding when they have insufficient funds to bid.
      The bidder with the highest bid wins the item.
      If a bidder wins an item, the bidder's starting balance should be decreased by the amount of the bid.
      If a bidder does not win an item, the bidder's balance is not decreased.
      If more than one rule would multiply a bidders bid, multiply the starting bid by the multiplier in each applicable rule.
      If a rule dictates that a bidder will bid a maximum amount, that amount cannot be exceded even if other rules would produce a total over that amount.
      Bidding 0 dollars is the equivalent of not bidding.

Bob Briskey:
      - will bid double for paintings where the subject is horses.
      - will bid double for paintings that are larger or equal to 625 square inches.
      - will not bid on paintings by Christopher Boffoli.

Amanda Wu:
      - will never bid more than 100_000 for any item.
      - will bid 1.5 times for paintings where the subject is Mrs Frisby.
      - will bid 1.5 times for paintings where the subject is nature.

Sue Perkins:
      - will only bid for paintings smaller than 625 square inches.
      - will bid double for paintings smaller than 625 square inches.

Donald von Neuman:
      - will not bid for paintings with a subject of tomatoes.
      - will bid triple for paintings by Shelley Adler.

#### Explanation
      ["Horses horses horses", "Bob Briskey", "$50,000"]
      - The starting bid was $25,000
      - Bob Briskey will bid double for paintings where the subject is horses. 2 x $25,000 is $50,000

["Mrs Frisby", "Donald von Neuman", "$9,000"]
      - The starting bid was $3,000
      - The artist was Shelley Adler
      - Donald von Neuman will bid three times the starting price for paintings by Shelley Adler

["Tomato Organizers", "Bob Briskey", "$150,000 "]
      - The starting bid was $150,000
      - Amanda Wu will never bid more than $100,000 for any item
      - Sue Perkins will only bid for paintings smaller than 25 × 25 in
      - Donald von Neuman has a fear of tomatoes and will not bid for paintings with a subject of tomatoes

["The principles of nature", "Sue Perkins", "$100,000"]
      - The starting bid was $50,000
      - Sue Perkins will bid double for paintings smaller than 25 × 25 in

["The Sweet Life", "Amanda Wu", "$100,000"]
      - The starting bid was $100,000
      - Sue Perkins will only bid for paintings smaller than 25 × 25 in
      - Donald von Neuman doesn"t have enough money left to bid
      - Bob Briskey doesn"t have enough money left to bid   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bauer Media.

Interview

The process went quite efficiently although end to end took around 4 weeks.
    Interviewed with 3 people- senior photographer, studio manager and Photo operations manager.

Portfolio review, discussion of previous experience, role expectations.

Studio tours at two different locations, after the first round of interviews.

Discussed potential salary ball park.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bauer Media (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The most inner culture of the company is still too american, rather than super international. Most of Managers and Consultant in France do not speak English. They asked me a lot about my technical skills

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weak? Whats your future plans?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bauer Media (Peterborough, England).

Interview

First stage was an informal chat with line manager, few questions about experience etc. Second stage was a slightly more formal, but still relaxed interview with a presentation to line manager and member of senior management. No cliche questions or 'give me an example of a time when....' just a chance to get to know the company and the role. Received an offer almost immediately after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of how well you knew how to target different audiences.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bauer Media (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly and it almost felt much more like an informal chat. They discussed the reasoning for the pages I trial designed for them and described the role. They were however not completely transparent with the role criteria.

They did not offer me the position but after about 2 months, they got back in contact to see if I was still interested.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bauer Media (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Long interview process but very pleasant. Interviewers didn't make you feel stressed. Be ready for a random task during the interview, they might ask you to fill something in or test you on something when you are at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adapt to a situation and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Street Team Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bauer Media.

Interview

The interview process involves an application form in which details about yourself must be included and if you are selected, a short interview follows involving a few short questions based on who you are as a person and what your hobbies are.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.