BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Dec 2017
1,184 Interview Reviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I started by applying online for the global analyst program. Almost immediately I was extended a hirevue invitation. I was given two questions with 5 minutes to prepare for each. My questions were: why BlackRock? and what makes BlackRock different from other firms. Make sure to do your research on the company before accepting the hirevue!

I was then emailed several weeks later notifying me that I had gotten a skype interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes with an analyst working in Relationship Management. MANY behavioral questions. Know your resume for this part and have many examples /different scenarios on hand where you worked in a team or experienced difficulties. A few questions that I was asked was: how do you keep up with the markets? why relationship management? what drives you? how do you incorporate technology in your life?

Within a week I was notified that I had gotten a superday. It consisted of 4 interviews with 2 of them being with directors (15+ years at BlackRock) and the other two being group interviews with two interviewers each of varying levels at the company (analysts and VPs). PREPARE!! make sure you know all about BlackRock and their values, products, and what they do. Know your resume. & absolutely have something to talk about when they ask "whats going on in the markets?" or "tell me about and article you read/an opinion you have about something thats happening in the markets." I got asked some version of that question in 3 out of 4 interviews. Also, they always ask you what you do for fun (got asked that in all interviews).

Finally, the madness continued when I got told 2 weeks later that I had ANOTHER superday with a specific team within ICB called institutional product group. Since it was a "direct hire" to the team, I was the only person at this superday and had 3 more interviews. Some questions were: describe a very difficult concept to me like I am a kindergartener. Who are you in a nut shell? What was the worst team experience you ever had?

I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• how do you keep up with the markets?
      describe a very difficult concept to me like I am a kindergartener
      tell me about and article you read/an opinion you have about something thats happening in the markets   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There's a hireview video cover letter, then a 1st round interview done via skype, and then they invite you to a 2nd round (super day) in person. I was called by the recruiter with my offer a few days after my superday.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Basic about resume, the interviewer asked many details about the former experience. Mainly about the model you learn before the class and the internship experience. But the questions are very detailedly.

Interview Questions

• How you did in your former internship projects.   1 Answer

Technical Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I first had a virtual cover letter online, which is just recording answers to two general questions like, how did BlackRock differentiated from other company? then interviewed with two person from technical internal audit department also online with some behavioral questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied for software developer intern role. They had the longest online assessment ever. Four coding questions plus a 90 sec video. The underlying algorithms of the coding questions aren't necessarily difficult, but the pre-processing steps were a pain, because no matter what question you get, the input were mere strings.

Interview Questions

• 90 sec video, talk about why you think you're a good fit. Only one take allowed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

The first round of interviews is conducted online. Thereafter, the final round is a day spent in multiple 30-minute interviews. Questions focused more on character-fit than technical responses. It is definitely advantageous to research the area you are interviewing for intimately..

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you showed resilience/endurance?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

About two weeks after submitting my application, I was invited to San Francisco for a 2-day superday to interview for 3 teams. This was odd, because I had applied for only 2 positions, both in New York, but the change was not a big deal. First day consisted of a 30 minute interview for each team. Was notified that I had made it to the next round later that evening. The next day, I had 4 30-minute interviews for each team I advanced with. Interviews ranged from behavioral to technical. Most involved a walk-through of something on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced that forced you to change your perspective to find a solution.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus portal in the summer and was asked to complete virtual cover letters within 3 days. Around the beginning of November I was invited to do a 30-minute video interview with an employee. The day after that I was invited to superday, which was 2 days after receiving the invitation, and superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews with team members. Heard back the day after superday.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume, why blackrock, basic questions about position I applied for   Answer Question

New Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Got virtual interview from HireVue after submitting application. There are sample questions in the system. You have 3 minutes for preparation and 1 minute and a half for answering the questions.

Spring Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I took the Blackrock recruitment process. After entering all the informations, I received an email asking me to take the Hirevue interview. It consists in 2 questions, with 5 minutes to think and then 1 minutes and 30 seconds to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this position at Blackrock ?
      What makes Blackrock different from other companies ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.