BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BlackRock Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackRock

1,836 Interview Reviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

You are required to submit the virtual cover letter within 72 hours of turning in the online application. The cover letter consisted of two behavioural questions recorded through the HireVue software. They allow for practice questions, but you cannot have any redos or second takes of the real questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was a hirevue coding assessment consisting of object oriented programming questions, then a single recorded interview question with no retries. Camera and mic must be turned on for the entire coding assessment. This is automatic before your application can even be considered.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview as the first round. Detailed resume questions followed by questions about quant strategies given certain market conditions and asset correlation. Fixed income knowledges are also asked

Research Analyst-equities Interview

Interview

Hirevue was very straight forward, asked behavioral questions and why black rock. I connected the company culture and why I was applying to this position specifically . Overall good experience and very open ended

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

There is an online application and a virtual cover letter you need to complete. You might hear back from there in a couple of weeks. The questions I provided are the VCL Qs. Note, there are only two questions with 3 minutes to prepare and 90 seconds to respond.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why BlackRock and why this division?
      2) Tell us about a story you have been following in the news – why has it taken your interest and how is it related to BlackRock?   1 Answer

Women of the Future Interview

Interview

After submitting my application, I was prompted to attend the video interview. It was a longer than the other HireVues I've done, with approx. 7 questions (it was a while back, so I may be mixing different interviews up). Waited 30 days then received rejection.

Interview Questions

• Speak about a piece of news that interests you and how it relates back to BlackRock.
      Why is diversity important to you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

This was the initial application question, there are more questions later that are more detailed. Those questions are more analytical and in person or over video chat. These questions gauge knowledge of asset management industry

Interview Questions

• How does a story in the news relate to Blackrock?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I completed the Hirevue and then around a month later I was invited to a final interview round as part of the Fast Track to Fintech program. There were two technical interviews and one behavioral, each 45 minutes long. The technical interviews involved answering conceptual questions related to skills on my resume, data structures, and OOP, in addition to a couple of programming exercises. I received an offer around a week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to go back to a project on your resume, how would you improve this project?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. I got back an immediate response to complete a code assessment but the only alllowed language was Java. Didn't do well because they didnt allow for language flexibiltiy

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

It was all right. 1st round was 3 questions. Mainly software engineering questions though. Needs more data science questions since that was the job description. I don't much about second or the next rounds.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.