Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Short and five questions. It was interactive, with a few questions about your personality. They want to make sure that you know the data/analytical portion of the job. I thought it was a fair and good experience.

Interview Questions

• A challenge you overcame with data?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had same experience as reviews stated: started with a phone screening, then in the same week was invited to a super day. The super day involved three assessments which were a group activity, an online test, and an one-on-one workflow discussion. Days after the super day, you are told whether you advance to the final round which was with a senior manager and typical behavioral interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I submitted the application online, and get the video interview within a week. But I didn't get the invitation for the next round. The video interview have 6 questions, two chances per question.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received a follow up within a day. The first step of the hiring process is a HR phone interview. The call went well and was told that I would be proceeding with the next step. However, after days of not hearing from them I finally received some correspondence. Unfortunately it turned out that I was rejected for some unknown reason. The whole experience for me was pretty negative as they retracted on what they said on the phone call. It's pretty messed up.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was at Boston Career Forum. The first round was a video interview. And the second round was a phone interview. And the next one is 15 mins interview in Boston. But I got rejected at 15 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• If you are not Japanese, they will ask you to read some random Japanese newspaper.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had an employee referral. I applied for the Market Data Analyst 2019 position, then was given a logic test online to do. I was then invited to their super day. This was an intro to what the position would be like, group debate on a controversial topic, a technical skills test, After the super day, we were told we'd hear back the following week.

I got the news I made it to the final round which was a video interview with a manager. This was the worst interview process I've ever dealt with. Here's how it gets bad. We scheduled for middle of friday since that's all they can do. I left work early for that just to be able to get into a suit and a quiet place. I'm sitting with a smile on my face looking at my camera for 10 minutes straight with no one on yet. I call HR and ask what's up and basically there was a mix up on the interviewer's calendar so we rescheduled for the following Monday morning.

Monday morning comes around (I'm late to work because of this with no notice I can give). I sit and stare at the camera for another 15 minutes. So I call HR again, and apparently the interviewing manager called out sick. HR reschedules me again for Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning comes along and interviewing manager hops on 5 minutes late. Great interview and they didn't really take blame for all they rescheduling issues. I'm told I'll hear the result by the end of the week.

Literally I was emailing HR back and forth maybe once or twice a week since then with promises that I'll hear back shortly every time. Three weeks later I receive a call saying candidates were picked for 2019 but asking if I'd consider the same role for 2020. I accepted and was told I'd hear back that same day or the next business day. Heard nothing. One week later (a month since my final interview) I received a call mentioning that I've been rejected due to a lack of technical skills (Python) and that they've found a candidate who was proficient in that. Which is nonsense since a large portion of their employees don't know Python. Regardless, they strung me along to interview others and I've jeopardized my relationship with my current employer over their lack of professionalism. My fault for going along with their games. The amount of disrespect is ridiculous. I hope HR reads this, they'll know exactly what situation I'm talking about.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

they sent out a personal interview survey to answer questions about yourself and problems to solve. No coding challenges just SAT like problem solving questions. After, they send you a personality report. My report looked great but never got contacted again.

Interview Questions

• find the difference between these blocks   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

First there was a pre screen with the recruiter which was pretty straight forward followed by a Superday. Many different tasks and question including debates, tests and behavioral questions. You must have a very deep understanding of SQL amd Python without that it is a waste of time

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview then was invited to the super day that consisted of an assessment on a computer, a debate given a case, shadowing / a day in the life as a data analyst, making work flows more efficient

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

First round is a phone interview about basic background. Second round is an online exam about Finance and SQL. Need to finish within 1 hour and submit. They need you have both finance and tech background.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.