Bloomberg L.P. Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Financial Product Sales and Analytics

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was very long, I applied in October 2019. I had a virtual super day and offered a follow up interview with a manager a day later. Nevertheless, after a month, I got a rejection email.
Despite this not being the best interviewing process, I must say that that the staff who were gracious in joining us virtually were engaging. They answered all of our questions, sold life at Bloomberg in the NYC office, seemed nice, and hard working. Furthermore, use the questions listed from other candidates because it truly helped in my preparation. Be yourself, breathe, and go for it!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Sell me something?
    Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online and get this online interview after around one week. The interview is just some regular interview questions. There are 6 questions and you have 30s for preparation and 90s to answer each. It will take around 20 mins to finish this interview

Interview Questions

• explain three important points for a sales person
      why Bloomberg
      what is the main product of Bloomberg
      provide an example when you sell a product
      what kind of culture you would like to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

First Round: Video Interview with basic behavioral questions

Second Round: Phone interview. The recruiter is very nice and asks you behavior questions. Really just wants to get to know who you are.

Third Round: Superday in the city. They will fly you out or pay for transportation and put you up in a hotel. Starts at 8 and lasts until around 12. Tour of the building. Then you shadow an analytics employee, which is really a great way to see what the job is all about. Then after that you do a simulation with two fictitious clients and you have to answer all their questions about the terminal. Then after that you have 2 30 min interviews, one with analytics manager and the other with a sales manager. Sales manager asks client based questions and asks you to sell them something. Analytics was very easy, basically just behavioral and situational questions.

4th round: Skype interview with a manager of the analytics or sales team. Definitely the most technical part of the process, but not bad. If you know finance they will grill you on some key things, if you don't then its most behavioral.

Overall, a really long but fun process. Just be honest with who you are, study before each round, and know bloomberg.

Financial Products Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter directly. We had a preliminary phone call before I applied to the positions at all. He was very nice and gave me a very in detail run down of the what the job would entail. He also was very responsive to every question I had throughout the recruiting process. I applied a couple of weeks after talking to him. Then made it to the first round of interviews, which included a video response. More on the video response to come.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a career in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 rounds in total. First round was a virtual interview and there were prerecored questions that you had 30 seconds to a minute to record your own answers to. Second round was taken over the phone and it was pretty much your typical phone screen. Asked all behavioral questions, why Bloomberg, sales experience, what might a client be looking for/how might you go about helping them. Third round super day took place at the Bloomberg headquarters in New York. They flew me in from Boston the night before which was great. During the super day they split the group of 30+ candidates into three groups. My group had one-on-one interviews first with one member from sales and another from analytics. They were both super sweet and asked mostly behavioral questions similar to the phone screen. No curveballs. One striking thing however was that I was asked to sell something to both the sales and analytics person so be ready to sell something. After the one-on-ones, we went on a tour of the building, attended a session where former employees that went through the internship spoke about their experiences, and a group project/presentation. For the presentation our group was split in half and giving a story in the news. In our case, we were given a case about Chipotle's E. coli issues and asked to present how this affects them and their business units. After that we were done! Overall, I had an incredible time and if you spend time preparing for this you will do great!

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Interview

I applied online with my resume and heard from them within a couple of days. We set up a phone interview date and had a phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. She asked me questions regarding my resume, if I knew the job position well enough, and why I want to work for that job position. She told me at the end of the interview that I need to set up a date for my next interview and told me to e-mail an HR person.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what financial product analytics and sales people do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through their website with my resume, and I was contacted a couple days later to set up for my phone interview. The phone interview was nothing difficult, you just have to know yourself because the interviewer asks a lot about what you did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round was an online video interview and the second round was a 20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Fairly easy questions. The most technical question was "tell me a story that you are following in the markets."

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, what are current events, give an example of excellent customer service, describe your understanding of financial product analytics and sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I attended the Super Day for this internship, and was very impressed with the efficiency and enjoyment of my entire experience applying to Bloomberg. After about two weeks after submitting my application, I heard back from the HR team to submit a video screen. Then a week later I had my phone interview, and a week after that I had my Super Day. The Bloomberg office in New York is truly incredible, and my interviewers were friendly and encouraging. Although I didn't get this position, I am still highly considering Bloomberg for future career prospects.

Financial Product Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2017.

Interview

Mostly ask your understanding of what Bloomberg does etc. Interviews also focus a lot on your background and how you fit into the role. Know the difference between the Analytics desk and Sales Desk.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.