Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.4

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

They had info session at school. I submitted my resume online and got the on-campus interview. The interview is 1 hour. Two engineers are the interviewer. Small talk at the beginning. Ask 1 or 2 questions about the resume. And then ask two technical questions. I finished the first one. But I did't have enough time to completed the second question. The first one is a string question. The second one is a tree question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

There are two rounds of technical interview, first round has two people and second round only one. One manager interview if pass the first two rounds, followed by final HR interview, all on campus.

Interview Questions

• BST question: find a node contains value closest to the given value.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to design a LRU cache.   1 Answer
    • How can stack overflow occurs?   1 Answer

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through university job forum. Got a phone interview invitation. Interviewer was helpful but the was more interested in the working solution to the problem. I felt that the approach was not given much importance.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Interview

apply on campus fair, set up an interview immediately. There are 3 rounds , but I stopped at the first round. The questions are not quiet basic algorithm questions and c++.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Rutgers, NJ (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview from on-campus career fair. The two interviewers are both Phds in science, and working in this position currently. They are super nice to me. All the questions are about algorithms. They asked me write code on a paper at times. If you don't know the answer they'll give you hints. But you still need to know the basics of algorithm and data structures.

Interview Questions

• Print the first 9 non-duplicate characters from a string.   Answer Question

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the reference and schedule and phone interview which is nearly 1 hour. Asked about programming problems and also financial questions

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very efficient. Starts with one online test including details about C and C++, and a behavior test. Then two phone interviews with their engineers. No on-site.

Interview Questions

• 1. For the first phone interview, most of them can be searched online.
      2. For the second phone interview, multithreading related questions are asked.   Answer Question

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

phone interview: 45 mins

You have a string which stores a number with commas. For example, a string that has the number 345,000,000. How will you manipulate this string in-place [without using any extra memory] so that the output is the original string without any commas in O(n) ?

Interview Questions

• worst case to find a specific number in 0-99.   2 Answers

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Interview

submit the resume, was contacted after 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview

University recruiting - Got interview call at career fair.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.