Bloomberg L.P. Global Customer Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Global Customer Support Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied on Saturday. I received an email on Monday to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview on Wednesday. The recruiter asked a lot of random questions. Duration 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process first began with a phone interview with an HR representative. I received an email within a week to set up a video conference where I spoke with about 5-8 different members in the GTEC department. Within an week I worked with an HR representative to set up an office interview. A week later I had my office interview. For my office interview I shadowed a GTEC representative for an hour and then interviewed with two other members of department. After a few days I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would a previous employer describe you ? Name three characteristics to describe yourself. What do you know about the company ? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg ?   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

started out in another department and after a long process, was switched into this one. The whol process took 2 months, and it was very difficult to get any feedback on my interviews, or any confirmation anyone had received my follow up notes

Interview Questions

• Describe a good experience you have had with a customer support team?   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast. I was hired through an agency and went in for an interview in November with HR. My rep called me as I was heading into the subway station to start in January as they had already met headcount for December.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions. knowledge of the terminal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had 6 internships in financial services for a primary competitor prior to graduation. This was key for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter notifying me that I was chosen for a phone call interview and was asked what days that week worked for me. I had applied a few months before I received the email. After scheduling the phone call, the recruiter called me on the later date that I set up. The phone call was less than 10 minutes.

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly standard, though they seem to try and test you subtly. After applying online, I was invited to speak with someone from HR who tested waters. She asked questions such as why I was interested in customer service, Bloomberg, and what my goals were---in short the interview standard questions. A week after our phone call, I received an email inviting me to schedule an interview within the next two weeks. Replies were long in coming and it took reaching out every 4 days to finally schedule an interview. I did so and went in to meet with them in person.

The in-person interview was three part. In a unique twist, they start off by letting you get a taste for the actual work by allowing you to briefly observe how the work is done. This secession was followed up with a formal interview where questions to determine your company fit really and appropriateness for the role are asked. After I was ushered to meet more of the team and the manager who asked mostly behavioral questions (what is your greatest weakness, strength, how would someone describe you, what do you like best about customer service, where do you see yourself in 6 years, ect...). Response then came via email after about a week.

Three things will make you do well:
    1) Prepare- research the company, look for interview questions and try and prepare answers, and speak with people who've worked there if you can. Definitely check their wiki and know who their competitor is.
    2) Be Yourself- They hate canned responses. If any resource suggested answering with a particular reason or weakness, take the gist of it but spin it into something original.
    3) Be Persistent - Treat the whole process as a test. They want to know how you react to being ignored, being stressed, pushed, ect... Be polite, try to keep calm, and take your time to think of your responses. Do not try to answer a question simply out of a need to answer. Be respectful and honest.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Most followed the standard script with a few situational questions to test your customer service skills. Many dealt with how you would react to an angry customer, what to do when you're not sure of the answer to a customer's call, and how you react to stress.   Answer Question

Accepted other position prior to decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was contacted a week after I applied via email for a phone interview. The following week I got an email inviting me to attend a in-house interview. Currently waiting to attend the in-house interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was smooth. What do you know about Bloomberg LP? Why work for Bloomberg LP? And some basic questions about yourslef etc.   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. The questions are pretty much alike other people described. I ended up being interviewed by 4 different people. First, I shadowed someone for around 30 minutes. Then, there was an interview with two people and after, a 1 on 1 interview. I have no idea what did I do wrong, I really thought I went well because they said I went well after the interview, and my hopes were really high. The next day I received an automatic e-mail stating I was not selected for the position, without any piece of feedback. Thus, it is really hard to give advice.

Interview Questions

• In which area of Bloomberg do you see yourself in 5 years?
      It is hard to know the hierarchical structure of the business and I didn't know the areas and departments that comprise the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

30 min shadowing an employee doing her work and signing nda, 30 min competency based questions about myself and my prior experiences in handling situations, 30 min role play on simulating customer support situations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Company sent an invitation for a Pre-recorded video interview, this is the standard. However later they decided to conduct a phone interview instead. They called it he same day. It took 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Started with introduction from both parts. Then he went to my experience, what is a good citometria service to me and asked an example when I exceed expectations. Second part was about Bloomberg, its competitors, products and values. Third and final part was about the role I was applying and my fit tô it. Then he open to questions. Advice: Do Your Research!!   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.