Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn (Summer/Fall 2020). Got an email to do a HireView type interview, so 4 prompts with 1 min recorded responses. Questions include: why Bloomberg, what interests you about finance, tell me a time you worked on a team, etc. Then a couple weeks later or so I got offered the Superday.
Virtual Superday, there were around 5-10 applicants together in the video chat with 4 sections: (1) an introduction into Bloomberg with senior members and then they brought on 2 current analysts to answer questions. (2) technical test which tested your knowledge of SQL, basic statistics, and Python so just go over some basics and brush up on that. (Bloomberg hires from many backgrounds so don’t worry too much about this, if you know this isn’t your strength, try to showcase your other strengths through the other sections) (3) 2 on 1 interview with 1 person taking notes and the other doing the talking, the task was to re-engineer a process. There is not really a great way to prepare for this per se, but I just googled re-engineering a process. My advice is to take time at the beginning to look at the document they give. My strategy was just talk out loud my thought process. I also did a bunch of consulting interview prep which was helpful to practice structure so those could help you. (4) Lastly, was a 1 on 1 interview with a team lead, again more behavioral questions. Remember STAR format! (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
Final round: a few days later (<5 days) they invited me for the final round which consisted of a 2 on 1 interview with 2 more team leads, again behavioral based like the final round of the Superday. And then a week later they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does the following code produce?
    Why Bloomberg?
    Why are you interested in Finance?
    What do you look for when you invest in a company? (I interviewed for the equities team)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

They made me read an article about finance in Japanese. I had to describe how I used Python in my personal project. There were also some generic behavioral questions (i.e. talk about a time you had a teammate that didn't cooperate).

This was all in the early rounds of the recruiting process. I didn't make it to the later rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Personality test, multiple-choice questions. They also had many questions regarding what shape comes next in the patterns. Some questions were situation based and ranking them based on what you would personally do in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Pick which situation is what you would most likely do?   1 Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I made it to the super day but didn't get the offer in the end. Many more experienced candidates are competing against a quite junior role in the company. Some of them seems over qualified. However, the company overall has good work life balance than other companies.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online got an email back about a plum test so I took it and the next day I had an online yello interview I answered 5 questions tell me about yourself why Bloomberg and some data science/company related question. Took them a month to get back and since everyone was working from home they conducted a virtual superday. The super day lasted from 9:00-3:00 where they introduced the company, had a data analysts answer questions for an hour, had a 15 minute process re-engineering activity, a 30 minute technical, and a 30 minute interview. The 15 minute activity was set up weird you would enter a video chat with 2 data analyst and a man and a woman introduced themselves and the woman disappeared and the man kept saying “yeah yeah” “okay” and they said they were both there to help you and work as a team. The technical was all over the place with python, sql, & probability, and no use of anything but a pen and paper. The interview went well I hit it off with my interviewer I was certain I would get it because the interview was so great, the test it based on where to place you really or how much training you could need, & the activity was based on how well you can solve problems. Thoroughly shocked I got a rejection about a few days later.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2020.

Interview

First Round - personality assessment, brain teasers, recording videos of yourself
    Second Round - 30-min analyzing a workflow and suggesting improvements, 30-min technical skill quiz, 30-min Behavioral Interview
    Third Round - interview with two seniors

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used technology to improve a process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Received email about phone interview. Interviewer was hurried, mostly behavioral questions, such as: what trends are you currently looking at, what are ways that you analyze data, run through your resume

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I went to the super day in New York for the Global Data Analyst position in Hong Kong. The whole interview has two parts. There is a group interview in the morning and one-v-one in the afternoon.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday. I was asked to do a Plum assessment Monday, asked to do a pre-recorded interview Wednesday. The pre-recorded interview was four questions with 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to take. Be mindful of the time and don't pause that much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The first round is a group interview. You will work in a 4-5 group and read a material about bloomberg's workflow and then talk in the group for 5 minutes. The second round is technical test and final one is manager interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your suggestions to improve Bloomberg's workflow   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.