Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 275 of over 6.4K interviews

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Positive62%
Recruiter3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

Was asked to describe what teamwork and customer service means to be along with why I wanted the role and how my past experiences were relevant. There was also questions on how I could display the technical competencies for the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is platinum customer service?
    Answer Question

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

You need to do the virtual interview. The questions are not too hard. Just make sure you prepare ahead of time. It is pretty standard comparing to other companies' virtual interviews

Interview Questions
  • Asking about what you have done before and describing what you can bring to bloomberg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in Jun 2021

Interview

I got referred by an employee. The process was simple I got a link to a hirevue (one sided interview) and got asked about 6 questions and had about 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 2 minutes to record them. You can't do them over. After that it was a long wait - abuot 2 months and I got invited to a superday. The superday was 5 hours long (online). The first part was some process reengineering thing (think consulting but with more tech). You're basically looking at a work flow and figuring out where there is a problem in the work flow (it literally should be obvious) and then you basically need to talk about solutions and explain the pros and cons of it. Afterthat there's a 30 mins assessment asking basic questions about SQL, stats, and databases. After that, there's an interview with a tem leads and they just asked me question on my resume about my past experiences.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do in your previous role? What programming languages can you use?

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in Mar 2021

Interview

It's a pretty straight-forward process: 1) initially applied online, filled out the application form 2) got a VI in a week, all of them are behavioral question 3) got contacted by HR, it's just a form of screening, ask some basic questions about your career goal and your past experience 4) written test, basically just a financial model ask you to run some financial analysis and use some function to do data manipulation and visualization 5) be invited to Assessment Center with several other candidates. The AC day goes like a) role demo (an analyst demonstrates his/her daily work); b) technical test, MCQ about SQL, python, and statistic; c)interviewed by two analysts, still pretty behavioral, but will dig deeper into your past experience and your career-driven factor. d) networking session 6) if you got past AC, the last round will be interviewed with the manager of the region (where you're about to get to the end)

Interview Questions
  • Why don't you choose buy-side or sell-side directly after graduation? (Are you serious?????)
2 people found this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

after submitting resume, Bloomberg contacts you to invite for online interview(you record it and submit yourself). it takes around 20 mins. since I got no offer, I don't know the further process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in Mar 2021

Interview

1) Recruiter video interview. 2) Recorded video answers to written questions. One try each. Takes 10-15 min. 3) Super Day with a group: Panel Q&A with current Data Analysts for questions about the role, Process Improvement - two case studies of ETL pipelines to improve while 2 interviewers observe, Interview with team lead - typical HR questions, Technical interview is multiple choice.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were about time management and efficiency. Working with big data and streamlining processes. I felt they wanted to see that you work well under pressure of time.

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview

Submitted CV online. Received virtual interview after 2 weeks. The interview takes around 30 mins. The result was released 1 week after the virtual interview. The interviewers are not very nice.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Video interview: around 10 question about the candidate and the platform, micro and macro news. You have the time to prepare so it can last as long as you want

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bloomberg L.P.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in Jan 2021

Interview

I answered four questions on the hirevue website. They were focused on understanding my desire for the role and whether I would be a good fit for the firm. Yeah

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to use creativity to solve a problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Video interview firt w general questions then super day interview with a technical test and behavioral at then then last round behavioral interview with a team Pointless bc the job description says you dont need financial background. the last round they are supposed to pair you with a team they think would be a good fit. Then they call me to tell me I didnt get the offer bc the team (that they paired me with knowing my background) was looking for someone with more of a financial background

Interview Questions
  • what do you understand about this position?
  • What interests you about finance
  • Give me an example of a project you worked in with a lot of data. What was the objective and how did you execute ?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 275 Interviews