Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Global Data Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I attended the information session one day and got group interview after one day. During the group interview, it was business case test. At the beginning, 15 minutes to read and prepare for the case; then 12 mins to ask the questions about the case; finally the supervisor showed up and listened to our recommendations in the last 15 mins. The test is looking for the solution to reduce the time between extracting data and publishing data. The dataset was given that in each country, what file types are used, languages, the number of data points to be captured in each file type, accuracy in each file type, and the time to market.

Interview Questions

• it is a group case, they asked the solutions and top 3 recommendations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It took me 3 months to get 3 rounds . After the resume is the recording interview. Then it is the HR call and after the call of HR is the onsite interview.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It was an on campus interview. In the morning was a group interview with a case, and in the afternoon is the individual interview if you have passed the group interview.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Got a Video Interview after submitting an application on their website. There are five questions in the video interview, I can only remember some of them. The video interview should be completed in 3 days. And then was invited to a group assessment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think technical skills are an important component of the Global Data department at Bloomberg?
      Give me an example of a project you've worked on which involved a large amount of data. What was the objective of the project and how did you execute on it?
      What programming languages are you experienced with? Explain what your process was for learning that language and what projects have you done using that language?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Internship interview

In-Person interview on campus followed by an on-site interview.

In person interview was very casual, no technical questions primarily behaviorial.
    On-Site was highly technical, performing process improvement, analysis, and a debate between intern teams.

Interview Questions

• Gave us a news article and asked us to argue one side or the other over an issue raised in the article.   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was on-campus and was a brief 10-minute discussion with a current employee. Very informal, talked about a typical analyst's day at Bloomberg. After hearing back around 3 days later, it was followed by an on-site interview which started out with an orientation for Bloomberg. The main interview was 3 30-minute conversations with current analysts. Again very informal and just talked about past internships/projects. Everyone was very friendly the entire way.

Global Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with a current analyst, and followed by a super-day in the office. The overall process was pretty fast and it was an intriguing interview where the interviewers really wanted to get to know me as a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What intrigues you about the current markets?
      Why finance?
      Walk me through your resume?
      What interests you?
      Tell me a time where you were challenged
      Tell me a time where you had to work in a group
      Explain your experience with data and technology   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-house interview which consisted of two half hour interviews both of which were 2 interviewers and me. They are really friendly at Bloomberg. No drug test at any point.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. I think I was only asked one question related to the markets.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Don't even try because they would probably revoke your offer.

Global Data Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Questions

• What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 more rounds after that.
    They mostly asked behavioral questions and what I know about the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.