Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Sep 2018
4,625 Interview Reviews

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with an HR Rep and then I went in for an in-person interview. I am not sure what else to say. It was a very straight forward process and there were not any tricks or tricky questions asked. I was judged based on my experience, that's really it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very typical questions, such as discussing my experience, etc.   1 Answer

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Quick phone interview about why I was interested, then an in-house interview, more in depth with experiences, again why Bloomberg, behavioral questions, etc. They were extremely friendly and took notes and seemed engaged, were very thorough about explaining the requirements of the job and the actual responsibilities of the position. I asked many questions and showed interest but I probably wasn't a good fit for that specific position. Be sure to study up about the company and know the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Why this position?
      Experience dealing with clients?
      Explain a time you had a conflict with a client and how you fixed it.
      What is your understanding of the position?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview was very smooth. The person calling was very kind and patient. I had some issues on my phone but he was very professional and considerate. First asked me of any projects i may have done outside of school. Also asked me about classes I took during college.

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New Haven, CT (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Roughly 40 minute in person interview. A couple behavioral questions at the beginning, and questions which ask you about your interest in Bloomberg at the end. Mostly moderate level technical questions

Interview Questions

• Given a grid composed of nodes with pointers up, right, left, and down, write a method which returns true if a particular element exists in the grid.   Answer Question

Contracts Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Lexington, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I went to the Bloomberg career section online and applied for the position and the next day received an email from the recruiting team inviting me for a phone interview. It was quick and intense. The recruiting team took no time to contact me with their decision following each interview.
    The phone interview was scheduled for two days later and a few hours after the interview I received an email requesting my availability for the following week for an in-house interview.
    The first in-house was scheduled for 5 days after the phone interview and a second in-house interview a week 1/2 later.
    Three hours after the second in-house interview I received a call for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What do you do?
      Walk me through a typical day in your current position?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something that will make me remember you and differentiate you from all the other canditate after you leave for this interview?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the end of the phone interview I was required to provide a salary amount. I considered that to be a great sign and since I did some research before the interview I stated a range instead of a number. I was offered the lowest amount of that range of course. I still accepted the offer since it was a great.

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Apply through the company website, then meet with HR, then meet with hiring manager and potential team members, and then meet or have a phone interview with the executive editor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bloomberg/why is this a good fit for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do research about typical salaries and don't request a salary out of line with your position and industry.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The application process was simple enough but the interview process took more than two months. Five interviews about 1-2 weeks apart. The interviews were mostly short but very intense. They wanted to see how far I could bend before breaking under the pressure. A few seemed too formal, like someone just wanted to check the box.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that would keep you from accepting an offer to work at Bloomberg?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I met with six people and they asked me some questions. They were a bit intimidating, and wearing suits. I felt a bit underdressed.It was ok but it could have been bad.

Interview Questions

• Why this job? Why now? Why here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A lot of back and forth with HR to get me in front of a low-level editor. The editor clearly didn't have time for the interview, but she said there would be another interview with more editors. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were about content and cross collaboration between teams.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

They will take you to visit their building first, which is a nice all glass made building. The first three rounds are technical interview and the last one is from HR. After the first two rounds, someone will give you a lunch box.

Interview Questions

• Print a tree by level order   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.