Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

5,534 Interview Reviews

Interview

Online application, hirevue, phone call, super day. The super day consisted of a tour and two back to back 30 minute interviews. The process is not only to have the company determine if you will be a good fit but to have you decide if this is a culture you want to join.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied through their website and got a phone interview. The questions difficulty level was medium. They used a hacker rank pair programming platform. The code written isn't compiled and the interviewer was helpful in jumping in and typing up some code as well.

Interview Questions

• If we have a bad hashing algorithm and two values get hashed to the same bucket, how is the correct value retrieved?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a boot camp hiring event and received a phone interview within a couple of weeks. I did not make it any further than the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about previous projects and technology choices, then gave me a simple (~leetcode easy) problem to code through. He wanted to optimize it and talk through my though process.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The first round is a phone interview with a Bloomberg engineer. He asked me several HR questions and then asked to go on hackerank to solve a problem. While I was writing the code, He asked question to help you and understand what you are doing. Great experience

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Given a number (e.g. 2) return the string of this number (e.g. "two")   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

4 hour interview process, started with a group discussion, than before u know it u have a one on one interview. from there they proceed to throw u on the phone to see how u navigate through their portal without atleast a formal explanation of their platform.

Financial Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had to apply online through the bloomberg website. On the application I had to answer 5 questions. Sell me a terminal, what is good customer service, why bloomberg, and 2 other questions. these are questions that they ask continoulsy throughout the interviews. I was asked this on my superday and again for the final round.

Financial Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Started with an online assessment based on logic/math games. If you get a satisfactory score, then you move to the phone interview. Had a phone screen with the HR recruiter. Basic behavior interview. They flew me out to NYC for superday. There were about 5 different activities. Behavior interview, group case study, online assessment, an excel assignment, and a coffee chat.

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Received email about phone interview. Interviewer was hurried, mostly behavioral questions, such as: what trends are you currently looking at, what are ways that you analyze data, run through your resume

Product Sales & Analysis Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very lightheard BUT you must be prepared. There are team building exercises as well as an interview with 2 higher ups. You are in a group of about 7 and it was great! Great building!

Interview Questions

• What companies are you watching in the market right now?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

It was easy with basic questions! but it was only one year contract! They were not even hire you after finishing the contract! There is phone interview and after that face to face at their office!

Interview Questions

See What Bloomberg L.P. Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Account Manager in London, England

Pros: “Combining the best of the financial and technological elements of the job market, Bloomberg is an excellent firm to work for. Driven by results, but with a fair work-life balance : allowing...”“Combining the best of the financial and technological elements of the job market, Bloomberg is an excellent firm to work for. Driven by results, but with a fair work-life balance : allowing each employee to adapt accordingly to their ambition and personal/family needs. Excellent facilities (their London office is the best in the world) and perks. Firm has a fantastic track record since its inception.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.