Bloomberg L.P. Market Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Market Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It's a pretty long process, from start to finish it took about 3 months. First step is the video interview. You answer about 5 questions and record your answers. The questions are pretty standard like why Bloomberg, what's Bloomberg's main product, describe a time you...Some of the other posts here list some of the questions. I would prepare for the questions because you only get one time to practice for each one. Then, they email you and set up a superday at their offices. They help pay for everything which was really nice. The superday has 3 components. 1) They split the candidates into two groups and everyone reads an article. You are given time to discuss the article with your group and each group has to argue yes or no based on the article. Then the candidates come together and have a 15 minute debate. The actual article doesn't matter, I think it was more about working together and coming up with a solution. 2) The second part is a 30-minute online quiz. The quiz just covers basic probability questions and some coding. If you've ever taken a stats class and know some coding, you're good. I just brushed up on basic SQL queries. 3) The last part is probably the hardest. It's a 15-minute interview discussing workflows. There's two interviewers (one is silent and just observing). The other is there to talk you through the workflow. Basically, you want to make the process as efficient as possible and I kind of just bounced off ideas and talked them through with my interviewer. I don't know if there's a wrong or right way to about this but you're supposed to explain and focus on the why of everything you say.
After the superday, I heard back about a week later for a short interview with one of the teams. It was a standard behavioral interview (tell me about yourself, why Bloomberg, describe a time you..., etc). Then I had another interview about another week later with the manager of the team. Again, it was a 30-minute standard behavioral interview. The manager did ask me some slightly harder questions but it was mostly behavioral. A week later I got the offer.
I'd say the interview process is definitely kind of long, but I think it was a good way to get to know the company. They really take the time to make sure candidates understand Bloomberg. At the superday, analysts had a lunch with the candidates and they were willing to answer whatever questions we had. The honesty was refreshing and everyone was super friendly. I would just be calm, practice basic behavioral questions, and take the time to research the company.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Describe a time you had to explain something technical. Describe a time when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Online interview, applied online then got a link. It was a video interview with a few questions. You get 30 seconds to think and then answer, you only get one try.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

This interview process is quite lengthy. It begins by applying for the position and within a week or two you should know whether you move onto the next step. The next step is a one-sided, self-recorded interview with five questions. Understand the role very well and what Bloomberg does. One question asked me what was one project I worked on in which is worked with a large dataset. Within a few days after submitting your responses, you should find out whether you will be invited to a Superday at the Princeton office. The Superday visit will consist of three interview activities. The first is a group activity with the other interviewees. All the interviewees will be split into two groups and asked to read a recent news article. One group will be asked to argue in support of the article while the other group will argue against the article. The next interview activity is a technical quiz asking questions on SQL and Python code, data mining techniques and procedures, and basic statistics. The last interview activity is probably the most difficult in which you will be interviewing with two Bloomberg employees. You will be given two processes for which data is brought in and how it is handled, processed, cleaned, and outputted for use. You will be asked to provide recommendations for how to improve each of these processes. Be sure to explain your recommendations. Overall, the this interview process was one of the better ones I have had because all the activities emphasize collaboration and make it feel less like you are competing with the other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time when you handled a large dataset.
      In your own words, what is your understanding of this role.   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a one-sided video interview, with 5 questions and one minute to answer each question. It was difficult to gauge the time that had passed when you are recording your answers.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Interview

First, I got a phone interview with HR manager, who asked me general behavioral questions, including motivation, why come back to china. Then, I got the first round interview with department head and an analyst.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Interview

After online application is the recorded interview. A few questions will be asked and you will have one chance to record your answers. If you pass the this, will proceed to phone interview with the HR. Then will be the AC and interview with the team leader.

Market Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied on their website, heard back within a few days (<5) for a pre-recorded video screening. 4 questions, 30 sec to think and 1 min to respond. Questions were stuff like "What interests you in technology?" "One time you solved a problem without direction." You have to complete it all at once, and no retries (like actual interview). Given 5 business days to complete the screening, with an option to ask for extension if you need more time.
        Few days later (<5), was invited to a Superday at their Princeton office. Asked for travel assistance, and was provided with a pretty nice hotel room and reimbursement form for travel expenses. Superday begins bright and early at 8:30am, ends around 1pm, and consists of 3 main parts: group debate, technical quiz, and individual workflow process improvement. In between rounds, you get to chat with BBG employees and other candidates. HR isn't there, so feel free to ask some unfiltered questions (within reason). They also fed us breakfast and lunch, which is nice. There were around a dozen other candidates at my particular superday, and after the initial HR video introduction, we were split into 2 separate groups to make it more manageable for them.
        For the group debate, we were split into pro/con groups of 3-4, read an article, and then debated something relevant to what we read. There were 2 BBG employees supervising us, one for each side. We were given time to read the article, 3 min to give opening statements, then 15 min to come to a unanimous consensus. My group thought it was fun.
        The technical quiz is 30min with 11 questions. Basic coding, data, and statistics questions to make sure you paid attention in school. Stuff like output of this code segment, cipher output given an input, normal distribution, best type of chart to display some data, what attributes are needed to uniquely identify a record in a database, positive/negative correlation, etc.
        The last part was the most like a traditional technical interview and I thought it was the hardest part of superday. Two BBG employees, one silently observing and the other you can talk to, ask questions. You are given a sheet of paper with 3 workflow processes that could use some improvement, and 15min to make some suggestions. This is where you can show off your relevant background knowledge, and brainstorm some solutions to help them complete the process more efficiently. The BBG employee that you can talk to is there to help you. Ask questions, bounce ideas around, think out loud.
        Got a response a day after the superday. The final round interview is with a manager of a team that they think you would be a good fit for. The interview is mostly going over your resume and behavioral stuff. Exactly what is asked is up to the manager to decide. Around a week later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Workflow process improvements: collection/filtering of emails, data extraction from phone calls, and detecting errors in real-time financial data.   Answer Question

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1st is a recorded answer interview. 1 minute per question for 4 questions. 2nd is a super day assessment with group discussions and a multiple choice test. 3rd is a interview with the manager of the team you’re selected for.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

If you passed the resume part firstly it is an online recording interview with basic behavioral questions, then you are invited onsite for the next round. I had other plans for the summer so I did not proceed to the next round

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Interview

First round is a video interview. Five questions in sum. Introduce yourself. Describe your understanding for this position? What skills you have fit this role? Data analysis experience. Programming background.

Interview Questions

• Describe your understanding for this position? What skills you have fit this role? Data analysis experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.