Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2018.

Interview

30mins job shadowing and 30 mins interview. The Hr would lead you to one of staffs in sales team and let the staff show you what the basic job is on daily basis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There are 8 questions in the video interview. Most of them are rare and tricky, and very hard to come up with an acceptable answer in 60 seconds. For example, I was given a certain scenario with clients and asked to offer a brief verbal solution in one minute.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very fast and efficient. Went through the standard phone call and then in-person interview. I didn't find it very difficult. They wanted me to prove my sales skills by selling a pen during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Make sure you know who Bloomberg’s main competitors are. Remember it’s primarily a financial data company, unlike many financial services companies. Look into other financial data providers, such as Thomson Reuters and Dow Jones, and try to determine how their work, products and office culture differ from that of Bloomberg. Remember that Bloomberg will be competing with major news outlets, publishers and broadcasters in its activities too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a short phone call that touched on behavioral questions and basic knowledge about Bloomberg. They take a very friendly tone and do not ask anything too technical. The woman who conducted my interview was late to call but seemed enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a current event you've been following   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Katy, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well as a peer interview. The team setting was round table discussion with questions asked by the interviewers. Many of the team were employees that would have been my subordinates.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed originally with a phone interview with a sales manager, then a sales rep. The process was cut short there as the position was filled and they would not be able to have me work part time (I was still in school at the time), but they told me they'd be back in touch when I graduated later that year. At that point, I had an phone chat with the head of the department, and then interview with a sales rep over the phone. I was then invited for an in person interview with a sales manager and sales rep, and then with the head of the department.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Multiple rounds - 1 on 1 with 3 different individuals.

For another internal role had one 2-on-1 and an additional two 1 on 1s.

No canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for honest opinion of current role which I was moving from because I didn't like it. Detailing out issues with current role and how I had tried to be constructive about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA - Wouldn't negotiate but took my existing salary and said I would be able to discuss with them at year end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

2 on 1 interviews. Market knowledge is very important

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with 4-5 different persons in management. Interview process was long and drawn out over time. It spanned a few months and multiple interviews (about 8 meetings) before an offer was finally made.

Interview Questions

• What are Credit Default Swaps? What do you know about Fixed Income?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.