Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Analytics and Sales Interview

Interview

Online application, hirevue, phone call, super day. The super day consisted of a tour and two back to back 30 minute interviews. The process is not only to have the company determine if you will be a good fit but to have you decide if this is a culture you want to join.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Champaign, IL (US)).

Interview

Bloomberg was on campus and I submitted my resume. Got invited to a first round group interview. Five people in a group and discussed about a piece of commercial news. We were given 15 minutes to draw some conclusions to the questions and give a presentation to the interviewer.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and heard back a couple of weeks later. First round was a thirty minute automated video interview. Second round was a short fifteen minute phone call where they offered me a super day interview in San Francisco. I went to super day. First part was a group presentation on cryptocurrency and blockchain where we had to research the information and answer their questions using the terminal. Second part was 2 back to back individual interviews with managers.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application online. After 2 weeks I received an email invitation for a phone interview. It lasts approximately 25-30 minutes. The woman I talked to was very pleasant and engaging, she seemed genuinely interested in my skills and academics. There were basic fit questions such as, Why Bloomberg? Describe you experiences, how did you handle difficult client, challenging experiences, what are 3 main characteristics for a customer service associate. After few weeks ( I missed the September deadline so they're considering me for January 2018) I received an invitation for Super Day in NY office. It was very relaxing and enjoyable experience. We were a group of 5 people and did the tour of the building, which is truly amazing with huge fish tanks and curled escalator. We did shadowing for analytics department. The most important part starts during the second half of the interview when you are given a simulation game on how to use the terminal and demonstrate your customer service skills. They really don't expect you to know the terminal, answers are right in front of you o the sheet they provide, you need to calm down and be polite and represent the image of the company perfectly. After that you have 2 (25 mins approx./each) interviews with sales and analytics managers. You will definitely be asked to choose and sell something so be prepared for that. My interviewer was super nice, so she even gave me a choice. Interviewers are easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. if you speak other languages than English, here is the time to impress and keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something
      Tell me three important characteristics of the customer service professional
      how did you handle the difficult client
      describe the situation when you had to do something you are not good at or don't enjoy
      BE READY FOR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, NOTHING SPECIFIC AT THIS STAGE   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I interview for the position in the London office. The interview process - at least in my specific case - was extremely long (around 5 months) and stressful because of that.
    It's structured as follows:

- Numerical Reasoning Test;
    - Phone interview (October), which is merely motivational (very few technical questions) and lasts for about 45minutes;
    - Face-to-face with Analytics and Sales TLs (November). In this specific interview you get grilled with technical questions - so be prepared. Both situational cases and technical questions (define hedging, what is a call option, what is a straddle, sell me an option). In my opinion this was the hardest interview because interviewers are trained to make you feel under pressured and to a certain extent uncomfortable. It lasted for about 1h and 30m;
    - Face-to-face with Managers (February). I loved this interview. I felt like they really wanted to get to know me as a person rather than as a candidate to test my fit in the Bloomberg culture.

Overall, tough and long process. But, in the end, I was offered the position so I guess it was worth the pain. (?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first given the directions to complete an online recorded interview. I was told by a recruiter that I would be contacted within 5 business days of completing it but i didn't hear back until the 7 or 8th day because the recruiter was on vacation. I then went through a quick phone screen and now am going to super day this week. I feel like the recruiting team could be more effective with communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent financial event and how it affects Bloomberg customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Bloomberg LP in NYC. The process took about a month from start to finish. The office was phenomenal and the people seemed great too. The super day is split up into a few different components; an office tour, a q&a segment, a case study, and back to back interviews with sales and analytics managers. The questions were technical but nothing unexpected. The competition is tough, they bring in great groups of interns for a reason

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was great in the sense that they paid for all travel expenses however the questions were specific pertaining to economics which is not my field of expertise despite many new hires had English degrees, not Economics degrees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview -- not very specific or conversational. very formal, asked a lot of questions about the logistics of the role, and its location. The role was really a help desk role. The interviewer didnt seem very friendly, I am sure he does a lot of these interviews so it is understandable.

Interview Questions

• tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process wasn't too bad. The person I interviewed with was pretty bland, not too interesting. You have to display a passion for finance as well as an interest in the financial market. You really have to know a lot about the position as well as what it is that Bloomberg does. I received more questions about the company than my skills overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe the financial market right now.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the roles you believe you will be taken on for this job. (Basically, explain the job roles that you think this position requires.)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.