Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Sales and Analytics

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round- casual < 15 minute phone call. (tell me about yourself, what are you following in financial news? what is you understanding of this position?)
Super Day: 3 hours total- 1 hour casual tour and q&a with a tour guide, 2 thirty minute interviews with sales and analytics department leaders, group activity using terminal.
about 30 applicants total were at the Super Day, there are a total of 4 Super Days, hard to make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Bloomberg? Strengths/ weaknesses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then had a phone interview. After that I went to NY for a video interview with the San Francisco team. After that I interview with the head of the analytic s desk for NY. The next day I received an offer

Interview Questions

• What are you following in the financial markets?   Answer Question
    • If interests rates go up what happens to bond prices? How much was the latest rate rise?   1 Answer
    • What are the three most important skills for a sales man   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round is your basic 15-30 minute phone interview. They started off going through HR Q's about your work eligibility and then overall GPA. Not really any fit or behavioral questions mainly just ones that revolved around my interest in the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Was surprised that they didn't ask the standard "tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume"
      1. What you know about Analytics & Sales and why this career path is suitable for me
      2. Familiarity with the Terminal
      3. 3 characteristics necessary for success in sales
      4. Which position on my resume did I learn the most from or is most relevant to the position
      5. Companies you applied to
      6. News story you've been following/ "what's the biggest news story right now?"
      7. Asked about my familiarity with the location of the internship and why I'd like to work there
      8. Talk about any employee connections you have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied back in November. Later heard back 3 weeks to schedule phone interview. Received a phone interview that week. It was a Phone Interview that lasted about 20 mins. I heard back the next day inviting me for a super day. Participated in a super day the next week.

Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Pre-recorded interview, Assessment Day, in total 3 interview rounds. Interviews were more competency based than technical questions. Really know what Bloomberg does and which products it offers. Know some of the functions of the Bloomberg Terminal. Also important are the challenges Bloomberg might be facing in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Which products do we have? What could investors not do when the Bloomberg Terminal does not work?   Answer Question

Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a prompt email in a day or two requesting phone interview. Phone call was very basic, why are you interested in bloomberg? why did you decide to study your major in school, basic things. Next I was called into the office for an interview in New York. Know the current news and who Bloomberg's competitors are (factset, capitalIQ, symphony). Called in for a third interview the following week in New York and this one was much more intense, Shadowed an employee for 30 minutes then had an hour long interview with a senior person in the company. Know your resume and everything you put on it and make sure that you understand everything you have put on it.

Interview Questions

• How many PC's would you say Bloomberg has?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The HR contact was quick to get back to me to set up an interview after having applied online. I applied for a recent-grad program at Bloomberg and there was a specific team dedicated to hiring people right out of college. While the process was fast and easy, the person on the phone was rude and so obviously eating lunch/CHEWING while speaking with me. I did not enjoy the lack of professionalism. I also asked a few questions in which she found stupid as she scoffed a few times and threw me some attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few things about Bloomberg, the news, which recent event in the financial world I took notice of, how my abilities would support Bloomberg sales and what I know about data/analytics..   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. After some back and forth, we were able to make an appointment (East Coast US - UK time difference..). The interviewer was very friendly. There was a noticeable delay during the conversation, which made it difficult sometimes. I feel the interview would have been easier to complete face to face or at least with some sort of video link.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg? What do you know about the Bloomberg Terminal? Who are Bloomberg's rival companies? Have you been following a market-related story recently?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Hong Kong assessment centre was good and challenging. There were five sessions in total, involving sales, group exercise, customer experience, Bloomberg Terminal, shadowing and how to prioritise. Overall a good experience with the HK team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, with pretty simple questions about yourself and the Financial Markets. Know your resume very well and be able to talk about highlights that you've accomplished.

I was emailed the next day after the phone interview to come in for their super day. On the super day I had two one on one interviews with employees in both the sales department and analytics department. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how some of those people got a job there. The guy that was showing us the terminal literally told us that his interview was the first time he had heard the term "Bloomberg Terminal."

Overall I really loved the environment there though. People were really friendly and everyone seemed passionate about what they were doing.

Maybe it's just the immense amounts of food they have around the building that keep everyone motivated.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me one thing you're following right now in the markets?   1 Answer
    • Describe the terminal to someone who has no idea what it is.   1 Answer