Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.7

Software Engineer - Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England).

Interview

I have applied online, and after a few weeks I got an email to set up the phone interview date. I was a little stressed and the interviewer pressed me with the solution she wanted at every line I wrote. So I couldn't write a correct solve for the question.

Interview Questions

• Given the old password and the new password, find if the new one is different enough.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England).

Interview

After applying on their website I had a phone interview scheduled.
    The first time round they never even called, was a mix up in the company.
    Second time the interview went through and was asked questions concerning:

Object Oriented Programming: abstract classes, inheritence, base classes, interfaces, polymorphism, the usual stuff
    Memory, memory allocation etc. Why it is different from Java, the main
    differences between Java and C/C++.
    Some questions about C vs C++, free and malloc vs new and delete etc.
    Also asked some general team working practices, and general talk about why Bloomberg
    and some of my projects.

I got invited for the in house interview, another weird experience, went there and wasn't registered as to have an interview but they sorted that out eventually.

Was asked a series of opening questions more about projects. They then asked about whether I was comfortable in C, I said yes, even though I was more comfortable in Java.

Their first question was pretty basic, reasoning about variable types and values, reasoning about array elements, chars, integers, their sizes, etc.

The second question was code inspection, again written in C. The main problem concerned local variable instantiation and then returning a pointer to that local variable. The problems that causes (i.e. the base pointer returns as we no longer have those local variables in the stack).

Interview Questions

• The code inspection, I didn't get past there as I spent too long realising what they wanted me to do.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England).

Interview

I applied through the website. I got a phone interview a week later and I received a positive answer a few hours after the interview. This first interview was quite easy, reversing strings in java and fibonacci. Then a second interview with 2 software developer using a cisco jabber videoconference solution. However, the video did not work, so it was another phone interview. It was hard to hear the second engineer and he did not seem to care about it.

Interview Questions

• You have a given set of prices in an Array, find at which price you should buy and at which price you should sell so that you maximize the gain   3 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.