Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

1,041 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First technical interview, interviewers were unhelpful and made it purposely difficult to get to the right answer. Not an enjoyable experience, put me off from wanting to work there. Will not apply again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was okay. Questions were all manageable, but its hard to pinpoint what they look for. It seems as though they do want you to get the correct answer, but not too fast. If you answer too fast they will grill you harder. Similarly, you need to be on the same pace as the interviewer. One of them was able to understand my explanation and answer fast enough but the other one had trouble understanding the solution to his own question.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Did phone screen and passed, interviewer was very nice. Got onto on site, since it was during COVID, was video. The first interview consisted of 2 interviewers each asked me one technical question which were leetcode medium questions. I didn’t get the most optimal solution but they were still very nice and encouraged me to see if I could maybe try other ways to tackle the problem. The second interview was only a single person and he was not as nice as the first 2 interviewers however he seemed interested in talking with me so it was overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• You can find their questions on leetcode in their company section   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was a phone screen with live coding on coder pad. Interviewer was helpful but I just blanked out and couldn't solve the problem correctly. The experience was good though.

Interview Questions

• Find the top k highest stock prices in a stream of stocks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and talked on phone for 30-40 mins about past projects including past experience and knowledge as well. Was contacted after for another technical phone screening

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. I scheduled a phone interview. I was called by an engineer and we talked for 45-60 minutes. It was basic behavior questions and some algorithms questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an interview with recruiter first , then had a technical interview. The interviews were pretty straightforward and not too difficult. The only thing I did not like was that , the technical interviewer called me 10 minutes later than the decided time.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Coding exam online. Sort algorithms implementation in C++ online and coding on computer directly. Some data structure and algorithms questions. Resume based technical questions. Motivation to apply the position and explain the structure of the team. A lot of other technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Sort algorithms implementation in C++ online and coding on computer directly   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2020.

Interview

Virtual Onsite (3 rounds, individually scheduled, so if failed at one, won't proceed further):

Round 1: technical round. Video interview with 2 engineers, same format as the phone screen. The algo questions focus more on designing APIs (i.e. more methods/functions to write and more freedom of input and output types)
    Round 2: system design round. Video interview with a manager. Asked a lot about past experience on CV. More details below.
    Round 3: behavioral round with HR. (Didn't make it to this round)

Interview Questions

• I had to design a Browser History API based on the LRUCache   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

It was good. The people were nice and the questions themselves were doable. They were helpful when you didn't get something exactly right. I had a phone interview and an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.