Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

Relatively straightforward, very nice engineers. Did not have to compile/pass test cases, but instead explain your code very well. HR does a prep call beforehand if you want to go over logistics of onsite

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Perhaps the only unprofessional interview experience I've had in my job search. Asked the guy how he was doing, how lockdown was treating him - responses were "good." "It's alright." Then he asked me about my background and interrupted me halfway talking through one of my projects to get on with the technical. Answered the technical with ease.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2020.

Interview

It was a 50 minute technical + non-technical interview with a remote Developer who was nice and friendly. You were asked basic questions about yourself, why Bloomberg, experience in Software Development, and One technical question in the language of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: Given the meeting times of a calendar entry for a single day for an individual, find the aggregate time slots the person is busy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online -> phone interview -> onsite -> Reject after 2 interview. This is usually the case with Bloomberg during which if one doesn't make it past the 2nd interview, they are rejected. They will expect almost perfect answers for all of the questions with coded solutions for each.

Interview Questions

• During phone interview I was asked two questions:
      1) Permutations of the string
      2) Leetcode word break II   1 Answer
    • During onsite, I had two interviews with each having 2 questions
      1) Given a number n, find the shortest path from 1 to n using only 2 operations: *2 and /3
      2) Merge 2 sorted arrays   1 Answer
    • 2nd Interview:
      1) Given stocks and conversion ratios such as USD / INR -> 1.3, EUR/CAD -> 2.3...find the shortest conversion between any two currencies. There may not necessarily be a direct conversion between the two currencies and so multiple conversions may be required.
      2) Variation of LRU Cache   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and in 3-5 days received an invitation email to a phone interview. In a week I had my interview with Bloomberg.
    An interviewer called 25 minutes later and had a lot of outside noise around him. (As if someone was washing dishes).
    The interview asked 3 questions to choose from. I solved the first question but was not able to compile a program. I used java as a language, and the interviewer insisted on rum 2 separate nonstatic classes and static main in one file. I told him it is possible to do so in 2 separate files, but he kept asking to fix it. He did not count the problem as correct (even though the logic and solution were correct). He told me to solve another problem. It was an easy BST problem, but I so nervous the realize how easy it was and solved it correctly only after an interviewer helped me. (My fault, I got it).
    I got a rejection email in two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through a referral and got the phone interview scheduled in a week. The interviewer didn't seem interested at all. It was supposed to be a 40 minutes interview which lasted about 90 minutes instead. The interviewer didn't speak a word for first 30 minutes of the coding problem and did not give any feedback if I was going in the right direction or not. Overall a very bad interview experience.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had a phone screen which was leetcode East to medium questions. Then i was invited to onsite.

My first interview was comprised of leetcode hard questions. I was able to solve those but the interviewer was very arrogant and wanted the exact solution that he had in his mind.

Then, the second interviewer was a very nice person. He asked me two questions which i solved. Then he went on to ask me a leetcode hard which i was unable to solve.

I seriously doubt their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Not from the Bloomberg frequently asked questions. I had never seen those questions before   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

HackerRank -> Phone screen -> onsite

Onsite interviewers were unprofessional and there was a slight language barrier. They asked fairly simple questions and were not satisfied unless you answered with their exact solution (even if yours was faster in terms of complexity).

I was a little surprised by how unprepared my interviewers were (no question prompt, just asking verbally and not clear on specifics).

I knew it was over when I got walked out after 2nd technical interview (they have an extra HR round incase you passed). Overall I was disillusioned with Bloomberg and decided to take a Big 4 tech offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Given incomplete logs from a race, find the order of the winners   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

A simple algo question, answered with a brute force solution, then optimized to a better solution. Bug free, but no hire. I strongly doubt the process. Seems like they failed me on purpose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied and received a phone interview. Upon passing the phone interview I received an Onsite at their NYC headquarters. They flew me out for two technical interview rounds. I did extremely well on both the interviews but somehow got rejected. My advice is to study leetcode questions for bloomberg.

Interview Questions

• 1. Two City Scheduling
      2. All paths from source to target
      3. Matrix grid problem. Some cells have 1's and the rest have zeros. Every day all cells adjacent to the 1 cells turn into ones. Write a function to return number of days it takes for the whole grid to turn to 1's   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.