Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Software Engineering

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was just the first phone call with the recruiter, and she was very rude and pompous, but I will judge the company more after the second round. The recruiter showed how highly she thinks of herself and the prestige of the company and put me down before I even spoke.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Professional for the most part. The interviewers themselves were a mixed bag; most were friendly and on your side, but some took an adversarial approach.. trying to catch you out on basic questions by being aggressive.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, binary tree algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It includes a phone interview and an onsite. Onsite Interview has two rounds. The first round is in the morning. The second round will be after lunch. Lunch is provided.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I dropped off my resume at school hiring event and got an email inviting me for a phone screen within about a week.
    The phone screen itself is an important point. This was my first tech interview and I was very nervous, but it didn't help that the interviewer seemed so bored from the moment I picked up the phone. It made me more nervous still, and I fumbled an easy phone screen question.
    It also took them about a month to get back to me with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Given an event taking place in two locations - one on the east coast and one on the west coast - how would you distribute attendees of the event between the two locations, given the price of bringing them to each location?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and completed a phone screen. Was able to partially answer question with heavy guidance from interviewer. Interviewer was polite but curt and didn’t mince words any more than necessary. No offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on campus for the whole procedure: 4 rounds, 2 techs and 2 bqs. The final 2 rounds are arranged on the same day. Each round is about 45 mins. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Ask me four coding problems in the first 2 rounds. Ask very common bq questions in the next 2 rounds.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online in February and got contacted to set up a technical phone call interview a month later in March. Then had a decent interview with an engineer at Bloomberg for 1 hour. The engineer asked me about my previous work, interesting projects I worked on, algo question, and various general knowledge questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

2 on-campus technical interviews with 2 engineers each time. Typical interview; interviewers explain what they do, talk about myself, technical questions, and questions. The technical questions were not too hard and they are patient and helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview. Introduce urself. Describe one challenge of your projects. Then solve a coding problem. It was a LC hard problem and took me 30 minutes to come up with a solution. Had no time for writing out the code on the paper.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Engineers there are full of themselves and not open to acknowledging their mistakes.

All was going well with leetcode medium-ish questions, until the last one. I gave a solution and the interviewer said it was no good. So i spent several minutes trying to solve it but with no success. After some time passed, the interviewer explained the solution. Thing is, my solution was essentially the same as his solution. When I brought it up to him he initially brushed it off but as I insisted that my answer is the same as his, he began to catch on. Now he's trying to point out errors or inefficiencies with my code, when in fact my code is more efficient than his answer. By the end of that interview, they led me out so I knew I didn't get it and I would argue that the last interviewer is single-handedly the reason why I didn't get the job. And even when I explained my solution to him, he dismissed it because he originally said it was incorrect and had too much pride to admit he was wrong.

If it wasn't for the fact that I already had a better offer, I'd be SUPER pissed. But also, I don't think I would want to work somewhere that engineers refuse to admit their own mistakes. Stay away, or hope that you don't get unlucky like I did.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.