Bloomberg L.P. Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Summer

Bloomberg L.P. Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.2

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied Summer intern position at Shanghai Office. After video interview, received invitation of on-site group interview. 6-8 people a group. Didn't make it to the next round. But fun experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then was contacted via email for a round of pre-interview questions. I set aside about 30 minutes to record and send in my video responses to questions about finance and my previous roles. I had 2 chances to record each response, but after the last one, I was stuck with my most recent recording and couldn't opt to use an earlier version.

Interview Questions

• What's something you've read in the financial news lately?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2017.

Interview

It was really organized. I was notified it would be a technical interview. I ended up doing at the interview on my campus. The engineers were also really nice. The spoke to me about what the company was like as well as asked me about my resume.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

2 technical interviews with the recruiters from the company. They do not interact or indicate if you are on the right direction. Basically expecting you to come up with the solution all by yourself.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online and was given a written test. Nearly two months later, I was invited to an online interview, because the position I applied for was in a different country.

Interview Questions

• The editor basically went through my cv and asked relevant questions.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online, they emailed me to schedule a phone call interview. They told me it would take 10-15 minutes. My interview actually took around an hour, but I do tend to talk a lot. If you get past this stage, you go to their superday, and if you display great teamwork (high fives, smiles, bonding with your group) and impress individual interviewers, you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a financial news story you have been following lately? Why Bloomberg? Why finance? Describe what Bloomberg software does. What do you think you'd most like to do with your life?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Simply go through the resume and basic c++ questions. After about 30 min, I was asked to write a small program in C++. Also the company care about C version 11. Pay attention to the new features in C version 11. Right now still waiting for response for the next round.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview

applied online through Bloomberg website, and got a phone interview. For the phone interview, primarily technical questions like time series, option pricing. Also asked about C++, why use virtual destructor. And a brain teaser, exchange values of two parameters without using extra memory. And also asked some behavior questions, why want to do finance, what do you know about bloomberg. The questions are general, but very much details.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

Started with me applying online through my university.
    My background check and resume passed their standards so they set me up for an online programming test. A single language from C#, C, C++, and Java were for me to pick from. I picked C. I passed this test and they set me up for a phone interview. I did well here too and they flew me out to NYC for an in-house interview. I met with HR, had another technical interview, then met with senior manager.

The experience was very good and rewarding. I received an offer a few days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 unsorted, of variable length, arrays, determine the elements not in common.   1 Answer
    • Questions on OOP, C, C++, Java, networking, encryption, public key cryptography, authentication.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

no comment

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.