Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated 14 May 2018

2.4

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

All the people I met was nice. But the hiring manager was not there, they arrange a wrong schedule. Some assistant talked to me just a few minutes. Then they never contact me. NOT fair...

Buying/Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2018.

Interview

Went through the first round interview. Had a critical thinking test online first (it helped to google practice tests) and then a phone interview. Phone call was about 20 minutes long.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruited from my university portal. Requested an interview via call. Scheduled a call, the interviewer seemed preoccupied since the start of the conversation. I felt I was there to summary my resume.

Requested to apply directly on Bloomingdale's website, I decided not to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience   1 Answer

Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Aventura, FL (US)).

Interview

I met with the receiving manager and he asked me about my experience. I had a tour with him of the store and receiving department. Interview process was straight forward and I felt like I got the job really quickly.

Interview Questions

• About my experience and was I comfortable with work load.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

It was quick and straightforward. It's somewhat a process; I had 2 interviews the first interview was a phone interview he asks me scenario questions like what would you do if this happens, asked about how did I handle certain situations in my previous jobs like tell me about a time when x did this and how did you handle it. I passed the phone interview and got offered a 2nd interview which was the computer assessment and in person interview. The computer assessment is pretty easy it was like role play as if you were working there and answering calls. Make your listen because it goes fast and they time you, answer the calls and type in peoples information name, phone number, and address. Help the person figure out there issue, they will give a b c d options to choose from like what you do? a b c or d and choose. After I was done with the assessment I had the person interview and she asked me basic questions. And she hires me on the spot which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Why will make a great fit for the team or position?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Interview

Uploaded resume, filled out all information, BUT was UNABLE to complete the application process because the "optional tax survey" - for which you must enter your SSN- was in fact not optional as the link to opt out does not work.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

They didn’t let us know but it ended up being a group interview and not everyone was applying for the same job although there was some overlap. We introduced ourselves and were asked a few questions. It took a little over an hour.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process isn’t too bad however it is usually a group interview. Everyone in the group is usually applying for different positions. It can be intimidating but just be prepared to stand out from the crown.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a little about yourself.
      What were your duties at your previous job?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

2 Part Interview; First was via phone speaking to someone from headquarters and the second was in person speaking to someone from HR. The first interview was mostly about your resume and experiences. Want to get to know you. The second part was hypothetical questions to see how you would respond to specific situations with employees and customers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and I noticed I was put on speaker (which I totally dislike because you cannot hear the person as clear as possible), but overall: it was okay. The interviewer asked few generic questions. The first interview lasted around 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.