Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated 20 Feb 2018

2.4

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

They didn’t let us know but it ended up being a group interview and not everyone was applying for the same job although there was some overlap. We introduced ourselves and were asked a few questions. It took a little over an hour.

Management Interview

Interview

Uploaded resume, filled out all information, BUT was UNABLE to complete the application process because the "optional tax survey" - for which you must enter your SSN- was in fact not optional as the link to opt out does not work.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process isn’t too bad however it is usually a group interview. Everyone in the group is usually applying for different positions. It can be intimidating but just be prepared to stand out from the crown.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a little about yourself.
      What were your duties at your previous job?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

2 Part Interview; First was via phone speaking to someone from headquarters and the second was in person speaking to someone from HR. The first interview was mostly about your resume and experiences. Want to get to know you. The second part was hypothetical questions to see how you would respond to specific situations with employees and customers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and I noticed I was put on speaker (which I totally dislike because you cannot hear the person as clear as possible), but overall: it was okay. The interviewer asked few generic questions. The first interview lasted around 15-20 minutes.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I received an email shortly after applying online to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview I arrived 10 minutes early and was immediately greeted by the HR front office assistant. Over 20 minutes go by before anyone came out to greet me, the interviewer seemed frantic and I overheard her say to the office assistant that she had to cancel her call to see me. This showed me just how disorganized and unprepared they were, even though this interview was booked a week prior. So, the interviewer came out over 10 minutes passed my interview time and took me into a small file cabinet room. The interview lasted a whopping 20 minutes and she only asked me few, short questions that barely allowed me to showcase my strengths or personality. The interviewer spent a majority of the time talking about how unqualified I was and really made it feel as if I was wasting her time completely. She had asked if I had any interest in any other departments since I was unqualified for the Cosmetic Departments expectations, even though I have been in the beauty industry for almost 10 years in various roles.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very welcoming and pleasant experience. Initial interview process was about 3-4 weeks. However no follow up . First call from recruiter then hiring manager . They ask you General questions

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I had an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department. During the interview, we were discussed my sales experience and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your customer list? How you bring your customer to our location?   Answer Question

Seasonal Gift Wrap Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a merchandiser position on Friday and was contacted on Monday. Because the hours didn’t work, she suggested I look into other seasonal positions within. Hours later she sent over a link to apply for seasonal positions. Once i applied, i scheduled an interview for the following business day.

Interview Questions

• What is your current occupation?   1 Answer

EDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First there was a phone screen with a member from HR which was pretty routine then you have a video interview (skype interview) which is relatively the same in terms of question type. After that, you get invited to an on-site 2 day interview round. It is 2 full days of activities. I was very scared and nervous at first but it ended up being really fun and interesting. The first day is logic tests and a meet and greet and the second day includes 3 interviews, shadowing of an OJM, breakfast with past EDPs, lunch with the CEO, Tony Spring, and a retail math test. It is important to interact with the fellow students and be yourself with the interviews and process. Ask as many questions as you can! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.