BookingGo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at BookingGo

2.8

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I firstly received an email from a recruiter at booking.com and called them two days later when I came back from a trip, and immediately had a phone interview, which was a brief introduction about myself and the content of the job, benefit and training etc. The interview was arranged on the phone and conducted in Manchester centre in the same week. The office is located in a beautiful building, surrounded by all the commercial buildings areas. The interview was conducted one on one in a small room, started with two paper of translations between Chinese and English and followed by 1 hour's interview questions.

Interview Questions

• First part is about my interests, personality, experiences from the CV. (e.g., each role and gaps during every work experience, the reasons that I left former companies).
      Role plays questions such as how would I deal with customer complaints or situations when a customer didn't bring their credit card to pick up their car, how would I help them.
      More questions about how I dealt with similar situations related to customer services in my past experience. Need to provide concise stories.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England).

Interview

Competency based, questions are not difficult. You will have an advantage if you speak an additional language to english. There will be a phone interview and if you pass that, they will invite you for face to face. The recruitment team are very nice and will make you feel at ease from the get go.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided good customer service.   1 Answer

Translation Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Skills-based interviews and background questions. The first part was about the background, my work experiences and my education. The second part was a technical test. At the end the interviewer asked me if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions related to translation, software and background.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

- Phone call with recruiter talking about my interests and experience.

- Take-home project: write a rest API

- Assessment day
        - Behavioural interview with Engineers. (Tell me about a time you had a conflict?)
        - Take-home project discussion and abstract questions (Three light bulb switches question)
        - Group task (Fake dragons den style presentation)

Overall a pretty laid back day, free lunch was nice too.

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England).

Interview

I had an initial telephone interview and then a few weeks later was invited in for a face to face with two members of the team. This was over 6 weeks ago and I've still not received any feedback - good or bad.

I'm assuming I've been unsuccessful, which is completely fine but would have appreciated feedback as to why so I can work on this in future. Considering I was grilled on how I ensure good customer experience in my work, I would have expected a good experience in return.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

After applying for the role via the career page I was contacted soon after to have a quick chat with the recruiter about the role.

This lead to a 30 minute phone call with the test lead to talk through experience, knowledge and reasons for choosing Booking as a career move.

Final phase was a one hour practical and 2 hour competency based interview at the Booking offices.

Overall I though the interview process was very good. There was some repetition across the phone interview and on site, but this is to be expected when hiring for roles like this.

Interview Questions

• Suggest 3 usability improvements for the 'Search' functionality of the Booking.com website.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by HR through Linkedin. As first step we set up an informative call in which I got more information about BookingGo and I had the possibility to present myself. Then I was invited to complete an Hackerrank task.

The Hackerrank task was composed by some technical questions, one SQL exercise and two problems. One of this problem was related to API calls, data structure and algorithm. The second one was optional and definitively more complicated to solve.

After the Hackerrank step I was invited to two conference call interviews of 1 hour each. The first interview was focused on methodologies, behavior and past experiences. The second one was focused on technical skills, coding questions, network and system design.

Finally I had the possibility to talk with another Senior Software Engineer in my possible future team about technologies, frameworks, past experiences.

The interview process was fantastic and well conducted by HR: I was always informed in time about the status of the interview and the results. The final offer, considering technologies, salary and benefits, was good, but unfortunately I had to decline for personal problems.

Data Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, one informal, one slightly more formal, then a presentation. However, the recruiter dismissed my experience before allowing me to talk through my CV. Got the sense that BookingGo think they are above over companies. They talk about their scale being unmatched. Never got the chance to fully "sell" myself. Overall a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you got experience with data quality/management issues?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BookingGo.

Interview

The process was very clear, I felt the interview was conducted very professionally, it was well structured.
    I was contacted within 48 hours with the outcome (which is the time frame i was advised).

Interview Questions

• can't remember all, for sure I was asked "standard" competency questions   Answer Question

Purchase Ledger Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BookingGo (Manchester, England).

Interview

There was no interview process. This the second time I have applied for a role with this company, and despite receiving a confirmation email stating I would receive feedback ASAP, I am still waiting. This despite the fact that I also have a friend who works for Booking Go, whom I referenced on my application, who also received a notification email of my application, chasing the recruiter for an update into my application process on my behalf and has also not received any kind of response. It should not take 37 days for you to respond to an application.

Extremely unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions

• No questions, as I have not had a response to my application (37 days and counting)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.