Boots Christmas Operations Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Christmas Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Leeds, England) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a 1 to 1 interview with a manager, who was following an standard questionnaire, I think it's the same as Christmas Customer Assistant because I prepared the interview with the reviews for that job so just do that and you'll be fine.

After the questionnaire I had to sell the product I have already prepared (try to pick something neutral as the manager might be a woman or a man), then I have to spot customers that needed help and ask them if they needed any help (the interviewer will assist you as you probably don't know where are the things in the store).

Interview Questions

• Why boots?   1 Answer
  • Order: helping at the tills (2), customer query (1), refilling shelves with stock (3)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boots

Christmas Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheltenham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Cheltenham, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I chose my date and time online, I heard back about getting an interview the day after I applied. I didn't have to take a quiz to see if I was compatible with the job. I was sent an email saying that I should prepare by choosing a product to "sell" to the interviewer and also to dress smartly and to bring my passport. I also got a reminder email which I thought was helpful.
    On the interview day, I went into the store and asked one of the workers there if she could take me to the right place, she was really nice and made me feel at ease about the whole thing. I was taking into the back which was obviously where all the managers offices were. I was told to sit and wait for one of the managers to come and get me for the interview.
    When he did arrive he was very apologetic about keeping me waiting, and he had to print something about so we had a chat while we waited. I asked him about how Black Friday went. I found this helped as it made me more relaxed and also showed that I easy to talk to. I was then taken into his office where he asked me a few admin questions like when I can work, how many hours I want to work, what days I would need off etc...I would definitely say for this bit you should know exactly what dates you want to book off in advance, it's better to be honest.
    Then we went onto the proper questions, which I went through quickly, the answers sometimes overlapped but I would definitely say it helps if you have experience in retail before, I had worked at a leisure centre before so that helped. Take time with answering questions and you should be fine.
    He then thanked me for coming and said that I should hear back within 3 working days if I'd got the job. He called me the day after to tell me I'd got the job for 16 hours a week! Really pleased!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.