Boots Interview Questions in Glasgow, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Boots

2.8

Christmas Temp Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

A month after I had applied for the job I was told that I had made it through to the interview stage. The interview was fairly intense as it was non stop scenario questions. The interviewer then took me to the shop floor and asked me to sell an item to her. I was then asked to go ask customers if they needed any help. Then the interviewer took me back to the interview room and had small talk with me for five minutes. The interview lasted about 35 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

No7 Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

There's sort of 2 parts of the interview and the 2nd part is broken into 3 stages. For the first part, you will be off the shop floor having a casual chat with the interviewer and other interviewees. I remember we were told we would not be assessed for this part but it's still important to make a good impression. Here, she explained some products and you had to practice them on each other and how you would speak to a customer and try and get them to take a seat.
    For the second part, you go to the shop floor and the tasks are divided among you but you're always observed. You will have a turn at:
    1) connecting - this is where you go out to find a customer and help them and eventually try to get them to come take a seat and try No7 on them (using the products you tried upstairs). I managed to get someone over who was looking at the Maybelline make up by asking if they were ok and mentioning that I was trying out some foundation for No7.
    2) Looking at the wall with No7 products and describing what you see. Normally they're divided into a section of Cosmetics, then Skincare (including anti-age products and cleansing), suncare and fake tan and finally men.
    3) Picking up your fave No7 item and talking about it in a way that is passionate and engaging. I didn't know anything about any of No7 but knew about the foaming cleanser and explained that I loved how it took off all my make up quickly and easily and didn't leave me with panda eyes!

This is a very lengthy interview - I was there for 3 hours which I thought was very excessive. It's important to try and be friendly and attend to customers even if you don't know much about the products, someone who does should be around you to help. I was told there was to be a 2nd interview where I'd meet the Assistant Manager but as I met him that day on the shop floor and spoke to him that day, this stage was skipped.

HINT: I came in 10 minutes early to have a look at the products, and ended up chatting to the No7 Advisor there. She helped me feel so relaxed and we got on well straight away.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Boots? What do you know about No7? What's your favourite No7 product?   1 Answer

Trainee Pharmacy Dispenser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2019.

Interview

Interview lasted around one hour and was pretty basic and straightforward, mostly competency based questions. The manager picked questions from a set list but the overall feel of the interview was quite informal. In addition to the question I had to pick a leaflet and explain the service it was advertising.

Pharmacy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

I was greeted and directed by the manager assistant and we went to the back room to do the interview. She asked for my name and my passport etc and we started the interview with some simple questions about my education and past experiences. Then we did the proper interview questions then we went around the shop and I was told to sell a couple of the products to her and recommend a product. After I was given a flu leaflet about the flu vaccination and I was asked some questions about it as well. We went inside the dispensing area in the pharmacy and I was told to look around and she asked some questions on it. We continued the interview in the back room and finish off by asking the interviewer some questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose boots?
      Why this branch?
      Name a time when you have to deal with a difficult customer.
      A fair amount of teamwork questions like -
      Name a time you led a team
      (others I can't remember)   Answer Question

Christmas Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

For a Christmas temp, you simply fill in the online form, which asks for your basic details and a few simple questions, and if successful you'll be given an interview slot. This interview will involve some one to one questions with a manager, your standard "Tell me about a time you showed outstanding customer service" and "Why do you want to work for Boots?" What trips most people up about the Boots interview process is that they will ask you to go onto the shop floor, and approach customers. This is unusual because you aren't actually required or encouraged to approach customers at all as a Boots employee. It's also a pain because at the interview you're dressed in your own (albeit formal) clothes - so customers are really confused when you approach them. It's best to start with "I'm here on an interview" so they actually want to work with you! Shortly after the interview (under a week) you'll receive a phone call letting you know how you did, and potentially a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences do you have that could help you in this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I was asked to briefly talk about myself and then given general competency based interview questions. I was then given a leaflet to read over I was then asked to talk to the interviewee as though I were speaking to a customer, who was enquiring about the particular topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed excellent team work   Answer Question

Fragrance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Following an online application and assessment, I was invited for an interview at the store. The manager was absent and a colleague was standing in. There was no room reserved for my interview and they didn't really seem to be expecting me. The interview was carried out in a back stockroom area surrounded by boxes. In my opinion, the member of staff did nothing to make me feel at ease, quite the reverse., I'm afraid. I don't believe she had read my application.. I completed a short 1:1 interview after which I had to go to the shop floor. Despite having been told to prepare a product of my choice, I was instead given a different product in which to try to interest customers.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of when you faced a challenge within a team and what you personally did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Law, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots (Law, Scotland) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview went great as far as I was concerned and the interviewer seemed impressed. Was told I would get a phone call or an email at the end of the week telling me the outcome...never happened. I chased this up with an email to the company and they then sent out an email telling me I was unsuccessful in my application. They said that they were VERY impressed with my application and my interview, but I didn't get the job??? Seems like my face didn't fit or I was too old (probably both). This has left me feeling really negative about job hunting now.

Interview Questions

• Q. Was asked to choose a Boots branded healthcare product and sell it to the interviewer   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in July 2018.

Interview

This was a very nice interview. The questions were difficult and I was taken by surprise by how specific and complex these questions were in comparison to other companies. My interview also consisted of answering questions about products to the manager, selling a chosen product to the manager and working with customers on the shop floor.

Interview Questions

• Why Boots, and what attracted you to this role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you showed empathy towards someone who was in a similar situation you've been in   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you've made a mistake, and what you then did to rectify it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to comfort someone in a situation that made them upset   Answer Question
    • Explain how you showed confidence in a stressful situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2018.

Interview

From previous experience working for Boots I know that you have to complete an online assessment first which usually takes 40-60 minutes to complete. It’s all about customer service and basically shows them who is capable of working in a retail store and who isn’t. You need to score a certain mark to be given a face to face interview. When I applied for this job I was already working for Boots, in a different store doing a different job so I didn’t need to do the online assessment. The interview was done by an assistant manager. I was asked lots of questions and given scenarios. I was given 6 healthcare leaflets and I had to pick one, read it for 5 minutes, and then I was asked questions about it. I was asked to pick a topic like hayfever, then asked how I would approach a customer who needed help with this matter, how I would suggest products for them etc. I think the interview was pretty difficult, especially since I had previous experience of working with Boots and I still struggled with a few questions. When the interview had finished we just sat and spoke about random stuff for 10 minutes, just friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you helped to lift the mood of another colleague and motivate them.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you went above and beyond your role to help a customer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.