Boots Opticians Interview Questions

Updated 27 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 63 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boots Opticians

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Wolverhampton, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

Very easy over the phone interview getting to know more about me and my past work and answered a couple of scenario questions, also asked about my availability which having children I told them I couldn’t do mornings due to school runs

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you changed your style of work? Make a time where you have advice or training to a member of staff
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bromley, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Bromley, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

The branch manager asked me questions for about an hour a out my experience, why I like my work, what I'm good at, and how I dealt with various situations.

Interview Questions
  • To give an example of how I dealt with a difficult customer.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Reading, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

was about 40 minutes, casual conversation, very relaxed, very friendly interviewer. Had online personality task to complete. The interview process was simple to complete. Boots really helped prepare for my interview by sending a document on how to prepare for it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boots Opticians

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians

Interview

I was invited for the interview in store. Two of the assistant managers were present. Fairly casual. Only had to go to my local store, where the position was located.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boots Opticians

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians

Interview

Applied online. Standard questions, ask your availability, and any holiday booked and can you work evenings/weekends. then a shop floor trial straight after shadowing someone. Got a phone call offering me the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work for ___?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Manchester, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a couple days later. The interview was done by one of the managers. Really easy questions and was made to feel calm and relaxed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Halifax, England, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied online, and received an email 2 days later telling me that they had run out of interview slots and that my application was to be put on the reserve list. Just over 1 week later, I was invited to an interview and had to book my time online. The interview then followed and was your standard face-to-face interview with 2 of the clinic managers and was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • Why Boots Opticians?
  • How do you deal with angry customers?
  • How would you manage the line between the customer service & sales aspect as well as the clinical aspect?
  • 2/3 questions regarding your current employment and what that job is like and how it relates to the role.

Boots Opticians

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boots Opticians in Jul 2019

Interview

Applied online, had to complete online assessments and found them quite difficult but managed to get through them anyway. They were based on customer focused questions and your personality. I was invited to a 1-1 interview at the store. Interview was very pleasant besides the wait adding to my nerves! I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager who were both very lovely. They took me into a back room where they don’t normally do interviews and told me about the job. Then I was told they would get back to me by the end of the week/early next weeks via phone. However, I instead received an email saying I didn’t get the position and no feedback will be offered either. All interview questions were competency based and focused on examples of times you have done something relating to the question — quite difficult for those with little/no experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer
  • When have you worked in a team

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

Got the feeling that they had forgotten I was coming (initially from the interviewer having the interview questions on a post-it note, and after being hired, from a staff member confirming they weren't prepared for me). Had a little chat and asked some brief questions about competitors and customer service, nothing too difficult. After this I was taken out on the shop floor with another staff member to hand out leaflets and attract new customers.

Interview Questions
  • Who are our biggest competitors?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kidderminster, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots Opticians (Kidderminster, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

I was invited for a face to face interview with the owners both very friendly I was put at ease from the off. I had a filing exercise which I wasn't told would be timed so kind of annoyed as I was chatting to them as I did it which made me take longer because of nerves.

Interview Questions
  • i was asked my previous experience
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews