Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

5 to 6 interviews with different people in the company. They all pretty much ask the same questions and expect you to ask questions. Pretty easy process but they don't really give you alot of information about the job that you will be working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Overall, the interviewers were courteous. The interview process is lengthy for low pay and a entry-level position which has 3 rounds with 6 people total. Questions are relatively easy and commonly asked. Response time was quick, wish they would've given feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG?
      What was a time you made a mistake and fixed it?
      Why a AA position?
      How do you work with conflicting deadlines and managers?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

five interviews. first was a phone call, then two virtual interviews, then two in person interviews. all went fine. after my last interview they never got back to me, even after reaching out to the recruiter. I thought that was rude.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

First round was a phone screening, second round was 2 one on one interviews. During the one on one interviews they wanted to know that you can relate your previous experience to the current position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

BCG is a highly reputable Fortune 100 company. As someone who had initially thought I wanted to be at BCG, my impression on the last leg of interview was off putting.

I received an invitation for two interviews. The initial was the phone interview with the recruiter and the second would be with the administrative team.

My initial interview went well with the recruiter in Houston. We talked on the phone and she asked the typical question regarding my skills and why BCG. The interview went well and the recruiter called me back to setup a Skype interview. She kept me in the loop and provided a detailed schedule of the admins I would be meeting with.

I took the second interview in a different time zone and missed their interview by a few minutes. The recruiter asked me to stay on video and said she would reach out to the team. I waited 45 minutes on video and no one came online. Instead, I got a call back from the recruiter saying they would not be proceeding with the interview.

I understand that I was at fault for being a few minutes late. But as a “Fortune 100” company, at least let the candidate know that the minute they are late they will not proceed. Don’t waste someone else’s time for 45 minutes. It’s not an eye for an eye here. This was the most unprofessional way to handle the situation. One would expect this from a low grade retailer such as Wal-Mart.

Overall I dodged a bullet as their salary compensation for admins are below standard compared to financial services.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had a brief 20 minute phone interview. Then was asked back for an hour and half interview where I interviewed with three people. They explained the job and talked up the business. Pretty formal. They asked many questions about client services and how you interact with people.

Interview Questions

• They asked to provide an example where I problem solved on the go   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It took about a month for the whole process. A recruiter emailed me a week after submitting the application to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days after that and she set me up with HR Assistant to schedule the next 2 video interviews. Those were scheduled at the end of the same week. I heard back the next week from the recruiter that I'll be moving on to the onsite interview. I was scheduled that same week for the onsite interview. All of the interviewers were very nice and they all made me feel comfortable. The video interviews didn't last long and they had a few set questions to ask. The experience was really good and everyone was easy to talk with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process was 1 phone, 2 video, and 1 in person. Everyone was very welcoming and easy to talk to, which made it easy to develop a rapport with the interviewers and each interview felt more like a conversation than a Q and A. It took less than two weeks from the time I applied to the time of offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen with Corporate Recruiter, 2 video interviews with current employees who worked as an Admin Assistant at one point in time, 1 on site visit with the manager of the team

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake, how did you fix it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process. There was a phone screening interview. Followed by an interview with the led of the role and lastly an interview with the Manager of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you manage your workload on a day to basis?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.